• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

All In All Nytro opinions????

aja636

Lifetime Member
Looking to put some money down on a nytro this year. Got my 07 Attak that I love, but isn't the best trail sled with all the boost and all. For long distance anyway.

Looking for a good trail sled, for riding, Not pounding bumps, jumping, or running hard, just trail riding. 150 to 250 mile days.

Also looking at the ski doo renegade 600 or 800. Kinda of want to stay with Yamaha though.

Those that own one, whats your take on the Nytro??

Thanks,
aj

Nytro ain,t a good sled for long trail rides. Stock apex/attak way better. Owned all 3 of em been der dun dat.

Totally agree with Turk and 08NitroRTX.
I think the Attack is the best Yamaha sled for your type of riding. The Renegade will be a great sled for that type of riding too.

For you I think the Vector is the sled you want! I have an 08 LTX GT(136'er) and love it. It is an awesome trail sled that is comfortable for the type of riding you mentioned. It is decent off trail also, but I want more of an off trail sled so I am adding an XTX to my Yammi collection. I hope with these 2 sleds I will have the best of both worlds.

Thanks guys, that kinda what I was thinking, I never rode one but they look like an aggressive sled. I rode the hell out of the attak before turbo. Just have to get another attak then. Or LTX that is

aja636 said:
Thanks guys, that kinda what I was thinking, I never rode one but they look like an aggressive sled. I rode the hell out of the attak before turbo. Just have to get another attak then. Or LTX that is

Come on over to the dark side :Rockon: betcha don't go bacccckkkkk! I see Darko from snowest / boost series of movies is riding a summit this year.

I agree the nytro is not a cruiser trail sled northern ontario etc not what its for. I however cannot deny the ergo's of the nytro are simply awesome, perhapse a new 4 cly at 160 hp in a tamed down version is on the horizon?

TurboJamie said:
aja636 said:

Come on over to the dark side :Rockon: betcha don't go bacccckkkkk! I see Darko from snowest / boost series of movies is riding a summit this year.

I agree the nytro is not a cruiser trail sled northern ontario etc not what its for. I however cannot deny the ergo's of the nytro are simply awesome, perhapse a new 4 cly at 160 hp in a tamed down version is on the horizon?

Turbo, Do you know something about a new more horsepower in our futures :jump: ? Love the existing torque, but you have my ears up! Any rumors to stick skidoo nose in you know what, and keep it there for a while? Maybe???? :die
It would make since. The Yamaha rep, at yesterdays booth said " a lot of guys want us to put the 130HP engine in the phazer, but keep the pahzer look, seat, and style". So that could mean big things for the Big boy????

sheetwright said:
TurboJamie said:
aja636 said:

Turbo, Do you know something about a new more horsepower in our futures :jump: ? Love the existing torque, but you have my ears up! Any rumors to stick skidoo nose in you know what, and keep it there for a while? Maybe???? :die
It would make since. The Yamaha rep, at yesterdays booth said " a lot of guys want us to put the 130HP engine in the phazer, but keep the pahzer look, seat, and style". So that could mean big things for the Big boy????

Well I'm a convert for now but my ear has had a whisper or 2 in it. :jump:

Back