• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Almost April, what sled to buy for next year? LTX LE or RTX LE

hman4

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Apex, 2002srx, 2000 srx
I ride mostly MI. trails, very little off trail and have never owned a sled with a track over 121". Which sled will get me to and around the next corner the fastest. I trailer with a 10' clamshell most of the time so the RTX would be a better fit in the trailer but I think I can still get an LTX in there. Most of the dealers are telling me there customers with the LTX's were happier. Which one guys???

Rtx will corner with a little less effort and transfer a little better. The ltx will have a more stable planted feel. Also the Ltx will work a little better in powder or loose snow. I've owned both a xf9000 137 and Rtx. For the U.P. I preferred the 137 and in Wi with more wooded and twisty trails I preferred the 129. Both great choices. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the same situation. I like to ride Wisconsin when they have the snow. Michigan when they don't. Really never go off trail. I put the money down on a RTX LE yesterday. I liked the idea of more transfer on the 129. It came down to a sidewinder or an 850. I knew I wanted 4 stroke,so decision made there. I picked the RTX because people said was a little more fun to ride. They both sound great and I'm sure they are. I just chose the RTX.

I to stick to the trails. I just purchased the LTX SE but the snow is gone...........

My 137" cost me $20+grand. I had to buy a new trailer. Lol!
I loved my 10' clamshell. Loved!!

It's a tough call. If I had to do it over again.

No regrets on my 137"..... Except the trailer. And the trailer is awesome. Just big and harder to hide. Long story. Lol!

My nephew has my Viper ltx le in a clam shell. Has to take the windshield off and turn the sled at a angle to get shut and push on the snow flap to lift up on the rear of trailer. My Sidewinder barely fits in there but my windshield doesn't get crushed.

Haha..... Probably lots of true in your words bleedyamaha. Too much dick'n around for me. Plus I have two sleds that require storage in the off season.

There's no doubt one 137" sled can easily fit in the 10' clam. But some adjustments would need to be made.

Don't forget the Sidewinder 137" tunnel is shorter than previous Viper 137's. It might be enough to fit it better.

Thanks for the help guys, I think I'm going to go with the RTX LE for the type of riding I do most and the fact that at the end of a long weekend or day I just want to pull on the trailer, throw a tie bar on and roll. I also have a 4 place inline but if you don't have three other buddies with you or your only going a short distance it's a pain plus the fact it's usually loaded with other stuff. I had one dealer trying to convince me that the 137 hooks up better but from most of my reading it sounds like the 129 hooks up better but doesn't ride quite as nice.

My 137" cost me $20+grand. I had to buy a new trailer. Lol!
I loved my 10' clamshell. Loved!!

It's a tough call. If I had to do it over again.

No regrets on my 137"..... Except the trailer. And the trailer is awesome. Just big and harder to hide. Long story. Lol!

I was in the same situation, bought my 137" then had to buy a new crossover style trailer for another $4400 or so. My sled did just fit in my 10' clam shell but not without having to hold the flap in when I opened it, plus with taller windshield I was screwed.

If I had to do it all over again I may try the RTX whereas my LTX-LE steers too hard in corners. Maybe the RTX is a lighter steering chassis?? my 137 does have an impressive ride though!

People who have tried them both know best, and that is not me so good luck with your choice, if it is a Winder.

Well,my 137 is finally running,riding and handling like it should of from the factory. My Shawn,took it out again today,and was completely blown away by its hook up,ride and handling,so much so,he now wants to preorder the red and white LTX-LE 137,last week before we got it to transfer,well he hated it,dig a hole and not go anywhere. Now that we relocated the skid in tunnel,remember this sled of mine has a MTX tunnel,so completely different than any one elses LTX 137,i wish it had my stock tunnel,but even now they are still not available yet.Ok this thing rocks hard now,clutched for its extra power,5.7 pilots up front,blocks out in back,and relocated in tunnel,Wow what a different sled,the 137 can be made to rock thru tight twisty trails with the best of them,set up is critical.

Not everyone wants to modify a tunnel relocate for obvious reasons but glad you got it working well! I was on the tcat bandwagon a month ago but have now ordered an rtx coming off an ltx.

Not everyone wants to modify a tunnel relocate for obvious reasons but glad you got it working well! I was on the tcat bandwagon a month ago but have now ordered an rtx coming off an ltx.
This relocation is not for any stock sled at all,i think people are getting mislead,it is only for my sled,because my tunnel is that one from a MTX mountain sled,everyone else has a standard tunnel,except maybe the 153 btx,but they will not need any holes relocated,sense they already come with an uncoupled skid.

I ride mostly MI. trails, very little off trail and have never owned a sled with a track over 121". Which sled will get me to and around the next corner the fastest. I trailer with a 10' clamshell most of the time so the RTX would be a better fit in the trailer but I think I can still get an LTX in there. Most of the dealers are telling me there customers with the LTX's were happier. Which one guys???
get em both !

Back