• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

am I to old for a SR viper

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Viper RTX SE
Thinking of getting back into snowmobiling. 51 years old and 250lbs , I owned a rx-1 and 05 vector , I preferred the vector over the rx-1 as it seemed to handle a little better . I raised the seat and bars .

Thinking of the viper But am worried the new aggressive style might not be for me. Unfortunately the next demo rides here in new york are not until march .

I like trail riding, but never liked the sit back feel of the vector with the low seat , I always find myself riding with my knees foreword, I also wondered why they didn't have power steering on the viper.

I am not over the hill and like to play a little and have fun. But lets face I not going to ride like the guys under 30 do. will this sled be comfortable on a long trail ride? any other old timers riding these sleds? .

I am 52 and picked up a leftover NYTRO XTX last year and am loving it coming off an 06ApexGT. I am 6ft 240 and am very comfortable on the sled. My friend (50 yrs old) has a 2015 Viper and I have rode his sled and it is very comfortable also. The Viper is much lighter than the Vector and RX-1 so it isn't nearly as tiring to ride especially in tight trails. I wouldn't hesitate getting one.

I am 58, love the ride and handling of my Viper compared to my 2012 Apex.Only disappointment is top speed compared to Apex.Just need to get a turbo kit.

50 years old and can't say enough good things about the comfort ,ride and handling of my 15 LTX DX ,the DX models are the coil spring models and tend to be a little more cushy from what I have read compared to the LE or SE,get one you will love it.

I am 55. I owned a 05 vector .now I have a 2015 viper and I like it.

x2 on what siscakidd says!

I'm 44 and on the LTX-DX.
99.9% groomed trails, and I love the ergonomics. I can easily transition from sitting to standing if needed.
I'm coming off of 2 prior Apexes and the only thing i miss is the "very" top end of the Apex .
Other than that, I love this sled!

50 years old and can't say enough good things about the comfort ,ride and handling of my 15 LTX DX ,the DX models are the coil spring models and tend to be a little more cushy from what I have read compared to the LE or SE,get one you will love it.

Well- I am 63 and app 220#....I love this 14 Viper LTX even though I had a great 09 Apex. No comparison...Viper is much easier to ride, handle, better suspension, everything about it is greatly improved except the clutch noise. You can do the ride forward thing, or sit back like the oldies. I have more than 1300 miles this year so far- every mile makes me smile. And I don't get stuck in the soft deep snow anymore!

me and my buddy are both 57 years old. both came off of apexs. love the sled. we ride 250 to 300 miles a day when we go. my knees and shoulders feel better with this sled and the apex. you should enjoy it.

64 in March and have 2 Vipers, one deluxe and one SE. Go with the deluxe, you might have to do a minor recalibration after a season to make it perfect for you but you will ride in comfort and as said in previous posts you will ride longer, faster, and with greater ease than any other sled you have ever ridden.

You might even go chase the youngsters!

Once it is set up you will feel 20 yrs younger. At 53 I am running XTX with 252 HP and lots of suspension upgrades. I ride with guys 24 to 45 and wait for them all of the time. I am now working on a build for one at 360 hp just to ice/grass/asphalt drag race.

I am 'mature' as well at 57 and love it. Lighter easy to ride, just less work. I have not done the clutching YET but still get strong pull corner to corner and 94 mph on snow not ice. I came off Apex and Vectors as well- I love it, I have the STX DX .

As long as you don't get the LE boy racer colors you will be fine and not looked at like your having a mid life crisis!!!...lol

Back