• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Amsoil Grease

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
Is amsoil synthetic water resistant grease a low temperature grease. Would this grease be better for your
suspension or your wheel bearings or both.

Is amsoil synthetic water resistant grease a low temperature grease. Would this grease be better for your
suspension or your wheel bearings or both.

I have been using it for years in the applications you mention. I am not going to say it's the best grease out there but it has done a decent job, imo, for all those years.
I tried some Bel-Ray "waterproof" grease this year and last on some of my idler bearings but in all honesty, I don't really see a difference? I think, do to the nature/environment our bearings are subjected to, practically any grease would be OK to use as I don't think once any grease is applied, people will get a couple years out of it anyways.
My inner rear idlers, like others, I assume, are the worst. I just checked them again recently and they roll rough. I will replace those bearings again and likely use Bel Ray or Amsoil, but I don't expect them to last any significant amount of miles.

I've used Mobil 1 for years, but anything amsoil makes is good. Last year I switched my little needle grease gun to molybdenum, only because it just seems harder to get off...like antsieze compound.
Figure anything other than rust or water is a good thing.
Has anyone tried Teflon grease, as in Aladdin magic lube? It is totally water resistant, does not swell rubber, so is used on pool gaskets, pumps, motors, etc. But how would it be on bearings? It's hard to get off. And isn't cheap. Maybe I'll grease one apex rear idler with it to see, over time.
( I have used it for years and works great on anything I've put it on....but haven't tried it in a bearing.)

Last edited:
Amsoil Dominator Racing Grease has an operating range of -40C to 350C. Check the Amsoil site for specs for the grease you are interested in. Not knowing what grease I am getting in new bearings, I even change them out when new and put Amsoil in. There are so many good greases out there, all makes, the key is periodic maintenance and changing the grease out when they get milky, and before they dry up.

I have been using that grease since it came out.... honest , I cant remember the last time I had to replace a bearing that has been properly maintained with that grease. I use it on ALL suspension pivots and idle wheels as well as all drive line bearings .... it is perfect for sled applications dealing with the whole water thing. I have a apex with 12k and still on original drive bearings though out. But I'm religious on cleaning and re lubing with this stuff annually..

I'm wondering if he's asking about a marine grade grease to lube the outboard pivot zerks. I use Mystic low temp Syn. grease on the skid and to repack any snowmobile bearing.

i use a good grease on my suspension bearings and ski spindles. the stuff i use for my suspension pivots is not water soluable at all as at the end of a 5000 km season it only takes 2 -3 pumps to have it purging out. 22000 km on all the stock rear suspension bushings with almost no wear. cannot say as to the front as i bent some arms 2 seasons ago and put oilite in when i replaced them.

Back