• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

And the award

maim

Staff member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 apex xtx
2011 apex xtx
2009 phaser rtx/x
1997 et410t/r
1988 vk 540
For dumb #*$&@ operator error goes to

47D5D6FF-4E3C-4FCF-AD1A-61D4CD3F8A1A.jpeg

Me as that is my sled in the ditch. Looked solid until the ski sunk through and it slid in so that the track was barely on the trail and the oil tank was above water. It was fun to get out as the water was thigh deep and beeping cold!

Yikes! Glad it wasn't worse than that!

hey it happens.........the best snowmobile stories usually involve an oooooppsss moment

Oh the joys of spring. Remember what I said last week about Sudbury.

And on another note I'll share a little insight that I have gained from my two prior inadvertant immersions. If you have to leave your sled in the soup for a while beware that as it and the ambient temperature cool water can be drawn up the gas tank vent line if it is submerged. The solution is to pull the vent line up or crack your gas cap.

only the chain case was fully submerged. managed to keep top of oil tank out of the water. checked the engine oil once out before i started it and there was no evidence of water in engine oil. chain case, did not even look as it was already going to be a cold ride home. going to change the oils tonight and start my pre season maintence on it as that will cover all the stuff that was in the water.

Maim I appreciate you posting a personal mistake. I have in past and was asked why I posted/ admitted the mistake but even experienced guys can and do make mistakes others can learn from.
I am glad you got it out, MOST of the problems I get into are just plain mistakes.
Be safe and lets all learn to Laugh at our self’s and help our neighbor

Back