• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Angled Tailpipe

danjpohl

Pro
I bought an 09 XTX and could not figure out why Yamaha did not put the angled tailpipe on so I could carry something light on the rear of the sled.

One thought was they just don't want you putting any weight back there. I thought I only need a few extra shirts and gloves to go back there, so I bought the tailpipe.

Last weekend I believe I learned why it is not on there. I turned around to look to see where my wife was and managed to melt the top off the fingers of my favorite Klim gloves! javascript:emoticon(':o|')

I am on my way out to the garage to remove it now. Maybe someone will come up with a cover for the extra pipe?

i did the same thing trying to warm my hands on the fly - melted my glove fingers together.

You should try wrapping the turnout with header wrap. That should calm the heat down and let you be able to touch the tip for a second and not burn yourself. I wanted to wrap my xtx's header when i first got the sled cause it would work the same way it does on a vehicle or motorcycle.
Also by keeping most of the heat in the pipe it should at least slow down
the ice build up????? I did'nt do it but i'd like to.

You guys should just put a set of 06 Apex bars on, then you won't have to worry about warming your hands., Best darn thing I ever did. Direct plug in, NEVER WORRY ABOUT COLD HANDS AGAIN! End of story!

Back