• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another "monoshock" question?

QCRider said:
sledheadgeorge said:
Weight Politics again. Grease zerk + grease = lbs

Come on. Tell me you don't really believe this is why there are no grease fittings! Seriously, add up ALL of the fittings and grease on a sled and you won't even get a quarter of a pound.

I agree w/ QCRIDER. I still don't have a definite answer about this suspsenion, whether yamaha did something great, and it is sealed like a car, or they went back in time and it needs to be taken apart for grease. I wish/hope the first statement is true.
-Jim :yam:

At NELSONS SNO-MOTION this last weekend I had a talk with the head YAMAHA rep ther. He said he has no idea why they dont have zerks. I can tell you this, he was not happy about it at all. He is hoppeing when the reg RX-1's come in they will have them and YAMAHA will have the dealers fix the others. But if not he said we might have to work something out with YAMAHA and our dealers to fix the problem...

Reps seem to know less about the product, or maybe they aren't willing to tell it all. They only know good news, they don't want to talk about the bad news.

I have found that the reps do not know thier products like the users do.

Yamaha has been using nylon/plastic washers/bushings for years where there is no lubrication and they work well. Yes they need to be replaced . I have found that they need replacing about every 8000 to 10000 miles.

There are plastic washers/bushings in the 2003 RX-1 and I checked mine this spring and they don't need replacing yet with 6697 miles on.

:yam: :4STroke:

Back