• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another new owner ? Suspension

AftonJay

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Warrior, 2009 Nytro XTX and Arctic cat puma for the kids
Hi again guys, I just bought an 05 Warrior and i would like to get some ideas regarding suspension settings. From what i read alot of guys replace the rear skid but that is not an option for me so i would like to get what i have as close as possible. I am 250 lbs and ride some off trail but mostly ontrail any suggestions on where to start with the preload, compression,transfer rods etc.? If someone of similar size could give me a starting point i can do some tweaking once the snow flies. The guy i bought it from was only about 150lbs so i am sure the suspension is set a little light for me.

I would like to just say i am comming from AC and was a regular on ArcticChat which i thought was a great site and you guys seem to be right on par. I cant stand the normal forum bs of "do you think this will beat that and this brand sucks, blah, blah blah" so its great to find a site where everyone is helpfull and cool.

The guys i bought the sled was a member here, not sure of his handle, and did some of the mods that seem to be the most popular 13mm sway bar, ulmer stage 3 clutch, rear heat exchanger.

Basically everyone on the forum has more experience than I do as I just bought an 05 warrior also. I've done a lot of reading and recently got my preload set just right for my wife and I... about 285lbs combined. I didn't want to have to buy a big boy spring before riding. I cranked the preload up to position 6 on the rear shock and put the FRA to the 3rd position. With our combined weight we get about 30mm of sag at the rear bumper and the transfer rods are right in the middle. I think that should probably get you about where you want to be and then make fine adjustments once youre on the snow. Check out the thread I started a few below this one "My new RX warrior and a few questions" for some more info the guys posted about suspension. Hope this helps a little bit while we wait for the pros to chime in.

Thanks, i was wondering about hte FRA if going to hard would be too much or not. I will check out that thread again.

set your fra to soft when setting up for solo riding. that way if you need to stiffen it up for a back pack/saddle bag trip all you have to do is turn it to medium or hard.

set the front a arms almost parallel to the ground and then set the rear according to the proaction setup section in the tec section.

i weigh in at 250lb and stock was almost perfect for me but i have since put on olins and the spring on those is way stiffer than the stock one. i have had a lot of compliments on how good my sled rides from people that have driven it.

Back