• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another possible subframe

nytro23 said:
Install Ulmer's oil lite bushings, weld upper and lower a arm bracing and weld brace on sub frame and you'll never have another problem. You can hit a tree with hardly any damage ( ask my partner !! )
Nice job! :Rockon:

Would it be possible to fabricate something that simply bolts in between the front a-arm bolts and the rear a-arm bolts just to brace the front mounts to the rear??

nate007 said:
Would it be possible to fabricate something that simply bolts in between the front a-arm bolts and the rear a-arm bolts just to brace the front mounts to the rear??

Yes!

A piece of strap steel 1" by 3/16" notched and drilled to fit between your front upper a-arm mounting points. (you will have to relocate the electronics that are there but it's easy)

And the lowers A-arms mounts can be braced as well.

I was thinking more of a block of aluminum that would fit between the thin steel plates, and merely require long bolts that go completely through the a-arms from front to back. Keep it something that can bolt in, so that the average rider can have a stonger sled, with out the expense and hassle of welding and painting.

nate007 said:
I was thinking more of a block of aluminum that would fit between the thin steel plates, and merely require long bolts that go completely through the a-arms from front to back. Keep it something that can bolt in, so that the average rider can have a stonger sled, with out the expense and hassle of welding and painting.

thats a really clever and interesting idea......have you looked at this already..?

Back