• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ANOTHER Sidewinder Bent Tunnel

I can confirm this problem exist on AC sleds as well. My 2019 XF9000 HC (eqvivalent to BTX) suffers the same issue. I have a Linq tunnel bag on the sled. But after some analyse this does not seem to be the cause.

On several occations I have noticed my sled bottom out the rear shock, typically high load low piston speed scenarios. After taking the boogie apart we noticed a few things.

1. The axle is heavely bent, probably because of excessive bottom outs.

2. Only every other hole has a rivet betwen tunnel and rear bumper. = not as strong as it could be.

3. Probably the bag is not the cause of the problem, likley the tunnel deforms as the axle bends.

Im not a heavy guy at 73kg so things should not bend because of bottom outs. So my shocks will be revalved for this season.
View attachment 149056 View attachment 149057

I have the same problem, axle bended on a btx. Need to find a stainless axle.

Update on the cracked tunnel Yamaha is going too fix it

I have the same problem, axle bended on a btx. Need to find a stainless axle.

Or a proper 7075-T6 axle. Have one ready for production but havnt bothered to push the button.

Attachments

• 20190626_175442.jpg
    20190626_175442.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 458
I purchased a BTX in early spring 2019 and the previous owner put on a bumper like the one pictured. My question is do you guys think this is enough support for the tunnel or should I purchase the rear tunnel savers from Travis. I plan to keep this sled a long time and do not do heavy off-trail. I don't plan to carry anything on the tunnel that would be heavy like gas.

ac-b_pwr-bumper-jpg.138890

Last edited:
I purchased a BTX in early sprint 2019 and the previous owner put on a bumper like the one pictured. My question is do you guys think this is enough support for the tunnel or should I purchase the rear tunnel savers from Travis. I plan to keep this sled a long time and do not do heavy off-trail. I don't plan to carry anything on the tunnel that would be heavy like gas.

ac-b_pwr-bumper-jpg.138890
No it wount help much, it will concentrate forces further ahead and possibly cause damage to the main part of the tunnel instead.

Attachments

• 56242477_2430753206957008_6543670915006201856_o.jpg
    56242477_2430753206957008_6543670915006201856_o.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 564
Oh brother new to the forum. Looking at getting a xtx141 or a btx153 where we ride having extra fuel is a must. I really wanted a new Yamaha just because the turbo 4 stroke is wild. I’m glad I joined the forum cus I think this changed my mind. If I would of spent 20k on a machine and the tunnel bent I would loose my sh**. This thread just took the wind out of may sails. I want a 4 stroke in a longer track but not at the cost of poor craftmenship. BRP might be getting my money again :(
It’s the pro climb frame and no one is having issues these guys are either carrying to heavy loads or there cat walking them and running the bak rail. It’s the best if both works yammy supremacy and cat great sled design

No it wount help much, it will concentrate forces further ahead and possibly cause damage to the main part of the tunnel instead.
This is wat happens wen u have gas on the bak and ur cat walking them it’s rider error not manufacturer. But warranty will fix

I also have a new btx and want to put a tunnel rack on to carry stuff. I built my own custom tunnel stiffeners out of 1/8' aluminum that rivet on the inside of the tunnel. They turned out great and will greatly stiffen the tunnel. The pictures in the tread are not the finished product, they are during the fit up of the stiffener. My rack is in the mail and will update the post once it is installed.
Here's the link
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/diy-tunnel-stiffener.158836/

I purchased this from rogue concepts and it has done good. Trail riding with yamaha saddle bag full of gear, about 30-40 lbs

Attachments

• 2B9E13B9-44F1-4B28-AE82-961C936BD853.jpeg
    2B9E13B9-44F1-4B28-AE82-961C936BD853.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 317
I'm thinking of getting a rogue concepts for my sidewinder and was wondering how much of the running board support needed to be removed to install? Do we have to remove the whole support or does the small back section attached to the tunnel come off on its own?

Thanks

Any of you use the bumper hitch when strapping your sleds on a trailer? You might not want to do that.

Back