• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another starting issue

pooner

Extreme
Went shut my sled off and as soon as I turned the key off the oil light came on. Caught my eye, so I started it right away. Would crank but not start. Cycled the the key a couple of times and the oil light went out. Started right up. Yes I checked the oil. Everything is fine. Rode the rest of the day without a problem. Shut it down at the end of the trip and oil light came on after I shut key off again. Wouldn't start until I cycled the key again a couple of times. Anyone have this happen? Will call my dealer in the morning. Thanks

Now that you mentioned it I've noticed couple times when I shut my sled off the oil light is on only for couple seconds, but I never tried starting it rite away. Going to dealer for oil change Ill see what dealer says.

I've been taking notes on my hot start problem and I believe this might be a contributing factor. Have noticed the oil light/not start on both my LTX SE and my dads LTX. He hasn't had nearly as many problems with it as I have but it has happened.

This happened on my Dads LTX SE this past trip. Had been riding for 60 miles or so, stopped to grab a beverage, oil light came on tried to restart, Wouldn't start. We waited 60 seconds or so, and it then restarted. No problems after that.

Well to me it sort of makes sense that it would come on for a split second as when the key is turned off, engine stops but the dash is still powered... So it would still be able to see the oil pressure drop off and kick the light on... Mine does this as well

Happened again today. Saw it when I shut it off. Never tried to restart. Came out later and fired right up. Must just be normal. Just freaked me out the first time. Over 1000 miles on now!!

Mine does this as well. I am thinking that they all do it but not for sure. It's just for a split second as I shut it down. I have not had any starting issues as of 250 miles. Knock on wood....

Back