• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any new mirrors out this season from Yami or whomever?

CaptCaper

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 RS Vector XTX 1.25 Lug wifes..2013 RS Vector LTX.. 2003 600 VMax Past Machines 3-2007 Attaks 1-2010 Vector LTX.. sorry no Stinkdoos or poo's cats.
Last season lot's of us were looking. Any new ones out this season that will do the trick? I'm either going to go with the ones tcona-AGT had or PowerMadd

download.php

I put a set of handguards on My Apex and then used the Nytro handguard mounted mirrors. They are the best mirror setup yet for the Apex.

jds1000 said:
I put a set of handguards on My Apex and then used the Nytro handguard mounted mirrors. They are the best mirror setup yet for the Apex.

Is it a complete kit? Got any part numbers? Handguards and mirrors? Any problems installing them on an Apex?

I don't have pics right now but all you have to do is look at the Nytro pics with the mirrors. Its the same setup. The easiest thing to do is put the Nytro stock handguards on and all you do is bolt the mirrors on. I put a set of the black handguards part no: SMA-8GFHG-00-BK and installed the mirror set part no: 8GL-W2628-OO-OO. With these handguards you have to remove the screws holding the plastic guards and drill out the holes a little bigger so the mirror screws will fit and then just put them back together with the mirrors attached.

yammi has some new handlebar mount ones. You buy the brackets & mirrors to install on the handle bar. They remind me of a touring style design. Will try tehm when my sled comes in. hoping that will be in next week.
Mike

SledderSteve said:
This is what I did with my Apex http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=18369

The mirrors are good enough to see a headlight behind you but that's about it. Probably all that most need anyway.

I have a taller windshield then the stock one on my Attak. Will these guards clear a taller one?

jds1000 said:
I don't have pics right now but all you have to do is look at the Nytro pics with the mirrors. Its the same setup. The easiest thing to do is put the Nytro stock handguards on and all you do is bolt the mirrors on. I put a set of the black handguards part no: SMA-8GFHG-00-BK and installed the mirror set part no: 8GL-W2628-OO-OO. With these handguards you have to remove the screws holding the plastic guards and drill out the holes a little bigger so the mirror screws will fit and then just put them back together with the mirrors attached.

Do you think they'll clear the slightly taller windshield on the Attak?

CaptCaper said:
SledderSteve said:
This is what I did with my Apex http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=18369

The mirrors are good enough to see a headlight behind you but that's about it. Probably all that most need anyway.

I have a taller windshield then the stock one on my Attak. Will these guards clear a taller one?
Probably not, the hand guards contacted the low windshield.

Personally, I would look into the FX Nytro mirror kit listed by jds1000, part no: 8GL-W2628-OO-OO, as shown on page 27 of the 08 Yamaha Snowmobile Accessories & Apparel catalog.

JDS1000-

Did they clear the mid-height 07 windshields?

The handguards for the Apex and Nytro look the same on the Yami website...

actionjack said:
Got a pic of the Nytro handguards with mirror at my dealer's open house

How do they mount?

Do the Nytro handguards mounts have 10mm threads tapped into them?

I'm using the same mirrors on my 07 RTX (at least they look the same - mine are normally for an 07 Phazer), but I removed the hard guards and used universal aftermarket mirror mounts for a Yamaha bike.

I heard that Yamaha was going to offer mirror mounts similar to what I used this season so the Phazer mirrors could be used an any Yamaha (using only Yamaha parts). I haven't been able to confirm if this became a reality or not though.

ReX said:
actionjack said:
Got a pic of the Nytro handguards with mirror at my dealer's open house

How do they mount?

Do the Nytro handguards mounts have 10mm threads tapped into them?

I'm using the same mirrors on my 07 RTX (at least they look the same - mine are normally for an 07 Phazer), but I removed the hard guards and used universal aftermarket mirror mounts for a Yamaha bike.

I heard that Yamaha was going to offer mirror mounts similar to what I used this season so the Phazer mirrors could be used an any Yamaha (using only Yamaha parts). I haven't been able to confirm if this became
a reality or not though.

I hope so as this all gets confusing..I have the taller Attak Windshield and I'm afraid the handguards won't clear.

I might have to do what you did

Back