• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any news on the 09 Yamahas

2008 Nytro RTX

TY 4 Stroke God
Its a few more weeks before they come but anyone hear any info on them?? Maybe a 180hp Turbo Apex that comes in at 550lbs and a 150hp Nytro that comes in at 480 lbs?? :Rockon:

Here is an interesting point.. For years now yammie has been the company to bring out the new iron before the compitition.. And every year I've always said,,, Big deal for the compitition, all they need to do is one-up anything yammi brings out just by watching what comes out... Now it's yammies turn to be last.. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.. Do you thingk it will help them be more competitive?? MM.

MadMax said:
Here is an interesting point.. For years now yammie has been the company to bring out the new iron before the compitition.. And every year I've always said,,, Big deal for the compitition, all they need to do is one-up anything yammi brings out just by watching what comes out... Now it's yammies turn to be last.. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.. Do you thingk it will help them be more competitive?? MM.

Pricing, maybe. The sleds are done.

You dont believe that witholding the release by a few weeks they are in the process of building a brand new sled in that time to compete with others? The sleds have been done for months.....

i have a feeling it is going to be bng for the apex and a deltaboxII for the venture. the nytro xtx i think is the big one for this year. looks like an 04' model year. stretched one popular sled and minor changes to everything else. maybe some sort of special edition apex, maybe and "apex r" or something? probably some gimic to dump the last of the apexs before something new. i hope i'm wrong

Yamaha seems to be on a 3 year cycle, which would put the Apex due for a complete revamp or at least an engine upgrade. I don't think a turbo or supercharger is in the cards but more R1 tech could be coming in the form of shorter stroke bigger bore 4 valve head with higher RPM and more gear reduction to save the clutch. HP in the 160-170 range. I wouldn't be surprised to see a switch to single outlet exhaust as the phazer/nytro have gone that way already. Who knows, but it's fun to speculate.

At the dealer yesterday i was told there are 4 all new sleds,not counting the new nytro xtx.Many high level yamaha people coming to the west coast of newfoundland in 2 weeks to show them to dealers,anybody in the area keep your eyes open.

hope what you heard is right lowslung. that would be sweet. i agree with yamahay, no turbos or scs. def. more r1 tech. coming to the apex

I don't see any problem with taking time and just developing what's really fairly new tech out there now. Too much product that isn't fully developed and nit picking problems keeping guys running back to the dealer rather than the trails. all brands are suffering from the same problem; trying to answer market demand that is unreasonable IMHO. Instant gratification is fast...and tends to be very short lived leaving one unsatisfied.

was at dealer yesterday and rep was there he told dealer to onload every apex he has before march 13th or you will be carring them

LOL. These threads come up every...single...year. "My dealer told me xxxx", "My dealer's rep told him xxxx".

The one thing I haven't seen this year is any factory turbo predictions again. Usually, there are several by this time, and have been since Yammie went 4S.

Back