• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any updates out for the 2006 Apex

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
Wondering if there was any updates for the ,handle bar warmers, steering bushings, etc.

I heard from Alpine Motosports that the parts are now available to fix the 06 handwarmers (new bars). Don't know cost for sure but heard it was $30 a while ago.

they are in!

the replacement bars can be ordered. owners must pay $29.99 and labor costs. I ordered mine from the dealer who said the new ones heat through the whole grip area including the integral hooks.

There is also a kit part # for tunnel deflector plate to keep track from contacting the die cast exhaust piece under the tunnel. This is for the apex mountain and vector mountain se and comes installed on the '07's. The tech bulletin or 90 code bulletin has not been sent out yet. RTA's are giving dealers the kit part # and asking us to install them and wait for the bulletin before we turn it in for warranty. I don't have the kit # right now but will post it if anyone needs it.

Went to my dealer today and he said the part was not available yet for the handwarmer and handlebar fix.

Went to my dealer today and he said the part was not available yet for the handwarmer and handlebar fix.
They are on back order with no date. according to my dealer.

Mid November...What I've Heard...

My dealer is Ride Blue's brother, who is also a dealer and who has my 2 apexes on his floor right now told me that the handelbar/grip update along with the tunnel diflector kit wouldn't ship untill November 15th...I talked to them on the 2nd of November and that's what they said...I have not talked to them since the 15th...but i'm assuming they are either putting the stuff on, or still waiting for parts.....

As for the customer paying for the bars and the install, I THINK..(don't quote me) but I was told that the handelbar/grips would run about 30 bucks, and then there may be a 20 dollar charge for the install...but yes, customer has to cough up a little more money for them....but hey at least it will keep your meat hooks warm.....cheap if you ask me....

Also, your dealer is supposed to check your bogie wheels to see if they are out of round...Some came from the factory out of round, causing bad hyfax wear....if they are out of round..they are covered under warranty...

Also, If you have luggs actually missing from the maverick track, I THINK your dealer is to take digital picts and send them to the higher up's...and then they will determine if track is warranty-able...mine has small "scratches" on the lugs from hitting the tunnel bracket...they WILL NOT warranty that...LUGGS have to be MISSING.....(and then the dealer is to cut the old track up and ship to Yamaha if it is replaced...you don't get to keep your "old" track....)

If we're getting new bars, does that mean it would be identical to an 07. Will it come with a shorter mountain strap?

trx-1noob said:
I dont' think they are on back order. just not available until beginning of december.
I was at my dealer two days ago. They had recieved two of them already but didn't know when they were going to get the rest of them.

I've had my 06 track replaced on warranty because of missing lugs. They also installed the skid plate over the rear exhaust to prevent the new track from throwing lugs.

The handel bars are new bars...NOT the 2007 bars...but a redesigned bar with the EXACT GRIPS/Warmers that the 2007's have...and NO the shorter mountain strap is NOT INCLUDED...they will require the use of your old strap....(Besides, I looked at the difference, and the 2007 straps mount in a different direction to the welded brackets than the 2006's...thus you would have to modify the welded brackets on the updated bars to fit the 2007 strap...)

Machzspanker said:
trx-1noob said:
I dont' think they are on back order. just not available until beginning of december.
I was at my dealer two days ago. They had recieved two of them already but didn't know when they were going to get the rest of them.

tell your dealer to send some our way.lol only had some talk of some coupon here to get in line for bars, no physical evidence yet of the setup.

Back