• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anybody have pics of their mesh hood?? Post em here!!!

lancef53

Pro
I am going to purchase a mesh hood for my RX, and would like to see some pictures of a R & M and a Diamond S, and others if there is.

Also if you like or dislike your mesh hood, that would be helpful also.

Thanks, Lance

Here is one I built.. very light and a tough hood to wreck :D
It was cheap to build too!

Attachments

• Renshaw Feb 19 '05 053.jpg
    Renshaw Feb 19 '05 053.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 449
  • Renshaw Feb 19 '05 060.jpg
    Renshaw Feb 19 '05 060.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 241
That looks great, what did you use for the frame, and do you have a picture of the rear close off? Or the inside?

Anybody have a hood with a windsheild?

I have a R/M hood on my mountain max and a Diamond S on my vector. Having had both I would buy the Diamond S hood. It is more durable than the R/M. However the R/M can be "pounded out" if you roll it. Then again, I haven't seen a Diamond S hood get damaged on a roll. My brother rolled oe 22 times down a hill and didn't hurt the hood at all.

P.S. My avatar picture shows the Diamond S hood on my Vector

Not sure if you can see my R&M in the small photo, I have larger pic's but they are at home. I love my hood, great fit & finish, it's been rolled 2 times and on its side several times. No problems with light snow entering, anything. Highly recommend. D

I have a Diamond S pod and didn't want a windshield, I haven't seen one, most that do are one piece hoods/shields.

Attachments

• R&Mresize1.jpg
    R&Mresize1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 200
  • R&Mresize.jpg
    R&Mresize.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 187
  • R&Mresize2.jpg
    R&Mresize2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 170
  • R&Mresize3.jpg
    R&Mresize3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 318
The pod and light on my mountain max was from R/M and the windshield is the stock windshield. I used a Trail Tech light on my Vector and no pod because I didn't like the look of the Diamond S pod. by not having a light or pod on your hood it makes it easy to remove if you are tuning or working on your sled. You just lift the hood off and set it aside. I also had trouble with the R/M hood fabric collapsing onto the exhaust and melting a hole in it when busing snow drifts. However on a four stroke this would't be a problem. Once again having both oods I recommend the Diamond S, if for nothing else than durability and strength.

Attachments

• ent05a.jpg
    ent05a.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 252
yeah, I've seen some Diamond S hoods on some other sleds and have not really liked the way they look. However on the Vectors and RX-1's they look good (same hood for both) Actually the Diamond S hood for the Apex looks great also. :bling

They also save a bunch of weight over the stock hood. Around 20 lbs if you loose the stock light. :exc:

Here's the hood that I built. I made three frames so far and plan on making different colors to decide what I want to stay with and plan on selling the other two this spring, Ken.

Attachments

• new hood 001-1.JPG
    new hood 001-1.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 184
  • new hood 002-1.JPG
    new hood 002-1.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 340
  • new hood 003-1.JPG
    new hood 003-1.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 151
  • new hood 005-1.JPG
    new hood 005-1.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 133
Have a diamond S. The hood is super sweet and fits perfect.

The pod is a different story. Scott didn't design that part well at all. The front has a tab so you can rivet it. The side tubes are about 1" to far away to rivet it and they don't have a tab on the sides like the front.
When I pay over $500 for a hood I expect more. Called Scott about it he looked at one in the shop and said ya I haven't noticed that, I will send you a couple tabs so you can weld them on.
Never did send anything or update anything as far as I know. Don't think I would buy another one just due to the customer service.
Used zip ties around the tubing, has been holding it on but haven't rolled my sled.

Here are a few pics
3-10-07dynoeventSnowys3-11-07017.jpg

Cottonwood3-18-07030.jpg

Hope this helps

Diamond-S hood. The tube hoods are structurally stronger than the flat strap hoods. I have had both and would reccommend the Tube Hoods (Diamond-S).

Attachments

• 2006_0414(001).JPG
    2006_0414(001).JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 2006_0414(002).JPG
    2006_0414(002).JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 2006_0414(006).JPG
    2006_0414(006).JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 177

Back