• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anybody see this?

Lol...no factory turbo. But it's the same as the RTX LE except color. And the Yammi is a spring order. Cat is not using the 1049 turbo in anything, as they think there Suzuki turbo is better that the yamaha 1049 turbo. They are crazy! They will wake up soon! I'm talking stock turbo vs. stock turbo.

Thats ok Yamaha has a similar deal.... You buy a mountain Viper $13,349 pay $2000 for the turbo kit then scrap the skid and front end and buy RTX suspension, track and A arms then bolt on the turbo - tada $26,000.

YamahaTim said:
Lol...no factory turbo. But it's the same as the RTX LE except color. And the Yammi is a spring order. Cat is not using the 1049 turbo in anything, as they think there Suzuki turbo is better that the yamaha 1049 turbo. They are crazy! They will wake up soon! I'm talking stock turbo vs. stock turbo.

Wonder if that was part of the Cat/Yamaha agreement that no factory or dealer installed turbo on M7 so boost people would buy Yamaha?

Yamadog said:
Thats ok Yamaha has a similar deal.... You buy a mountain Viper $13,349 pay $2000 for the turbo kit then scrap the skid and front end and buy RTX suspension, track and A arms then bolt on the turbo - tada $26,000.

Not understanding unless you are saying you need to build a flatlander sled? Buy what you want and add 5k turbo?

I am waiting my dealer to call me back and let me know how much diff between my 2014 M8 and a 2015 Mountain Viper (with 2k turbo that I will install).

stingray719 said:
YamahaTim said:

Wonder if that was part of the Cat/Yamaha agreement that no factory or dealer installed turbo on M7 so boost people would buy Yamaha?

Could be, but MPI turbo will bolt right on the 7000! Cat only has one mountain sled with the 7000, 1049.

stingray719 said:
Yamadog said:

Not understanding unless you are saying you need to build a flatlander sled? Buy what you want and add 5k turbo?

I am waiting my dealer to call me back and let me know how much diff between my 2014 M8 and a 2015 Mountain Viper (with 2k turbo that I will install).

I already did that! it is ironic that they are using our motor and offering a turbo INSTALLED for less than what we can get a kit uninstalled for only on a mountain sled though theirs is a low elevation trail sled ;)!

Oh yeah and theirs comes with a warranty if you buy a Yamaha and add the turbo warranty is voided aks me how I know!!!

YamahaTim said:
the plastics are slightly different as well

Yamadog, did a catipillier tell you while u were smoking something better than the rest of us?

Mpi snow checked turbo is warranted when installed by dealer. Also the cat 7000s (the only yamaha 4s motor in their lineup) DOES NOT!!!!!!! Have a turbo installed from the factory. Your welcome to buy the 1100t sled and buy $250 belt after $250 belt and catching fire because of oil leaks an so on.

But yes please tell us how you know?

fxnytrortxkid said:
Yamadog, did a catipillier tell you while u were smoking something better than the rest of us?

Mpi snow checked turbo is warranted when installed by dealer. Also the cat 7000s (the only yamaha 4s motor in their lineup) DOES NOT!!!!!!! Have a turbo installed from the factory. Your welcome to buy the 1100t sled and buy $250 belt after $250 belt and catching fire because of oil leaks an so on.

But yes please tell us how you know?

My stuff is good - want some? by the way the turbo is only available for the mountain viper!!!! this is a trail sled 129" and none were available on the 2014 models even if you add one to a 2015 129" 137" or 141" it IS NOT covered under the warranty you brake it you bought it.

And that pic of the RR shows the Yamaha 1049 not a Suzuki that would be a 1056 CC 2 cylinder maybe they had Yamaha develop their web site :o|

7000 C-TEC4â„¢ Engine

This turbo produces an industry-leading 177 HP at any altitude. The response is instant. Power delivery is smooth. Electronic fuel injection means starting your sled will be effortless, even at the highest elevations and coldest temperatures.

is this a misprint on their site? Very confused !!

???????

Attachments

• 177 hp.png
    177 hp.png
    731 KB · Views: 163
Sk that is the arctic cat page however it is wrong. It's total typo.

Yamadog the kit is made and only avaliable for the mtn sled at this point. They have a low elevation version (diff mapping). The proper kit used in the proper application and dealer installed is warrented.

Back