• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone buy the belt/tool bag that velcros to chassis?

gaheinzm

I bought one of those bags thinking it'd be nice to get the belt and tools out of the plastic box in the back to carry some other things. I can't get it to work. Seems like the velcro straps on the top are to short or even upside down or something. kinda frustrating me. Anyone out there with one that could give me a tip or something. thanks.

bags

OK so ive done some research and this is what ive come up with for some extra storage . Windshield bag = If you do the gauge mod the stock phazer bag will not fit , buy a nytro one I think it will fit , still trying to find a cheap one . Trunk bag works like a champ , could be mounted in two different places if you extend your tunnel to the edge of the bumper it fits there like a glove , just make sure you have installed the exhaust 90. Now for the best one I recently sold my SRX,s one of witch had a Tank sadle bag (map pouch on the top and side compartments) I have barrowed quite a few of my friends bags trying to find one that would fit , gues what the tank bag that I kept from my SRX fits like a glove and gives you so mutch storage its not funny , I also have the saddle bags from my SRX im gonna see if they will fit over the seat and rear panels .

guys i just put the bag in the chassis no velcro no nothin been ther for 2500 miles, first time i took it out was last week couldnt remeber how to un wedge a frozen pretzel belt it aint goin any where?

RoyalBlue said:
Hate it , why did they do away with the box

Because the box sucks... hitting rough trails last year the lid on mine would come loose (never came off) and let snow in. I didn't realize what happened, when I went to clean things up, a couple weeks later, and took the lid off, all my tools were rusted and sitting in water. :o|

The bag may be a pain, but imo better than the box... and my sled looks better without the box as well.

Trevor

Yea thats true.Definitly dont put nice tools in the box.I think they got rid of box when the started putting those side skirts on.No room for box.Now that they closed tunnel it should fit fine.I really like my tank bag.

BTW
The bag gets soaked and frozen also , what is the difference and your belt is not like a frozen pretzel.

Good thing we ride Yamaha .not much need for the tool kit.

well dont go that far lol i had to get mine out. i also think you guys need a strap to pull start as your screwed if a fellow polaris rider isnt with you as they get them from theyre toolkit.

phaze5 said:
well dont go that far lol i had to get mine out. i also think you guys need a strap to pull start as your screwed if a fellow polaris rider isnt with you as they get them from theyre toolkit.

I used the cord out of my wife's GSX when my starter quit on me last year at Lake in the Clouds. After that I found another setup about the same an included it in my pack of tools. I got the video of me starting my sled with her pull cord last year somewhere on one of the starter posts from last year.

Back