• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone else bolt on the 09 front end?

antpal22

Extreme
Hey Guy's fist time posting

Just never felt comfortable with the way my RTX cornered , not so much of a darting issue but it was was so twitchy and busy. So after reading a coupla threads, I Figured that the fix was a set of new ski's ( C&A Razors )and although the sled felt more connected ( maybe too much so) I had a new issue !! SKI LIFT and BODY ROLL I actually had to run 35 lbs. in my floats to get it to settle down.

Finally I decided to go with the 09 spindles and the upper A arm, well upon bolting it all together i soon realized that there is no half way fix. the entire front end needed to be purchased including upper and lower A arms , spindles, tie rods and A arm collars totaling about $1200 .

I guess spending that kid of money may sound crazy but I just love everything about the sled , the rider forward, the crazy power and the way it looks too !! Just wish it would handle a lil better

Haven't had a chance to ride it yet , hope this does the trick anyone else try this ?

I actually came very close to putting an 09 front end in myself, but then I decided to try a few other mods. So we'll see how it goes. But I'm really curious to find out how it all works out. Please do post the outcome.

I sure will
there is one thing i can tell you the steering seems to be much easier even on the concrete . it defiantly feels like the ski pressure is more toward the back of the ski , not so much dragging the toes of the ski's across the entire surface when turning .

rz918 said:
I actually came very close to putting an 09 front end in myself, but then I decided to try a few other mods. So we'll see how it goes. But I'm really curious to find out how it all works out. Please do post the outcome.

What kinda mods?

I believe Nytro23 converted an '08 with '09 parts except for the front clip. It is my understanding that there are no geometry changes between the '08 and '09 sub frames.

your right there are no changes , the 09 front end will bolt up perfectly even uses the same bolts, just needs the two upper A arm collars as the the 09 A arms are bigger in diameter. The exact parts list consists of
a ) Upper and lower A arms
b ) Upper A arm collars
c ) and tie rods

And the best part is the arms come with new ball joints ( uppers and lowers )

Put 150 miles on the new front end this weekend and it does handle significantly better darting is gone and much less twitchy

antpal22 said:
your right there are no changes , the 09 front end will bolt up perfectly even uses the same bolts, just needs the two upper A arm collars as the the 09 A arms are bigger in diameter. The exact parts list consists of
a ) Upper and lower A arms
b ) Upper A arm collars
c ) and tie rods

And the best part is the arms come with new ball joints ( uppers and lowers )

Put 150 miles on the new front end this weekend and it does handle significantly better darting is gone and much less twitchy

I'll be doing mine in the next week.
the tie rods are different?? -I didn't order them #$%&*
Aren't the ski mounts (spindles) different? when I ordered my stuff the spindles were '08 only, and '09 only, so I ordered a set.

Oh ya I forgot you need spindles too I ordered tie rods because they were a diff part # than the 08 but when they got here they wee the same length so I used my old ones and although I screwed them in all the way i still needed to cut 1/4 inch from both ends in order to have adjustment room

Well I'll try to reuse my tie rods first.

I'll be doing this next week (soon as parts come in) so if anyone wants a certain pic let me know.

thanks for all the help.

hell im just gonna have my dealer put on the 09 subframe and front end and the insurance is gonna pay for that after i tweeaked the fron tend two weeks ago

My bill for
-all a arms
-spindles
-new sub frame
-upper ball joints
-new windsheild
-new bumper
-2 new hand deflectors

was $2300!!!! I'm going to have to check out the bill better when I get it.

I've been dealing with my dealer for a long time, and they always give me everything as cheap as they can.

Back