• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone figure out a way to get less transfer on 05/06 skids?

ken_climb

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Since the apex has the same skid (pretty much) as the 05, Has anyone figured out how a fix so they won't wheelie as much?
Also, is it just me or is there like 15 or so TO Many Forums on T.Y now?? Way to specific if you ask me WTF, Mr Yami???

never rode an 05. If you set the transfer rods to zero...Is it still too much? I like my sled to transfer alot, comes in handy when boondocking....ie: jumping creeks, logs etc. As for the forums.....ah yeah, way too many if you ask me. ===SRXSRULE===

Personally I like a lot of transfer for hill climbiing and ease of monuevering. I have my transfer rods all the way out and wouldn't mind if I could get more. I haven't found a hill I couldn't climb yet.

The back transfer rods are adjustable. Check your manual and it tells you how to adjust

some people are pressing the rails straight, also moving the rear sissor back 4-6" (yes a lot of work)
I think thay're will be a "limiter strap" type of kit available for the rear sissor next year......from the aftermarket.
A complete supension change (Holz, Elholm or the very expensive M-10 etc) is another option.
I think longer drop plates are all that is needed- moving the rear axle downward 1 or 2 inches would help. I also heard that larger rear wheels WITHOUT moving them up helps.

I too have to much transfer SOMETIMES

So vector you say you like all the transfer , I have an older sled but get loads of transfer and at times in the real steep , "vertical" long climbs with varying angle right then left it wants to drift either way because the ski's never touch . If I let off I can't recover so gets real harry at times , other times I have to just turn and go down then try again . With the turbo I'm sure you can break a little to get ski contact momentarily thenback on the gas hard and recover nicely . Most of us can't with out the extra ponies to help , SO , do you have any suggestions on your method or ways to climb vertical when ski's don't touch ? Any help appreciated , maybe you have a secret I haven't heard or tried . I'm not trying to jack thread just wanted a little elaboration . I don't want less transfer because to often it's a must , just that vertical place is where it sucks at times.

You really shouldn't need the skis touching the ground to turn when your climbing. A little bit of body motion goes a long way. The issue of too much transfer like having your skis two feet off the ground is not good for much but showing off. It sure doesn't get you up the hill very fast.

slacker said:
You really shouldn't need the skis touching the ground to turn when your climbing. A little bit of body motion goes a long way. The issue of too much transfer like having your skis two feet off the ground is not good for much but showing off. It sure doesn't get you up the hill very fast.

Unless your riding a turbo. I rode spray25's TRX-1m and it wheelies and goes fast :flag: . It all depends on how big your cajones are. :Rockon: Maybe on a 65+ deg. slope you want them skis planted so you don't blow over backwards but the normal hill is a blast carying the skis 3' off the snow at 80 mph.

Yep Ray if you see this, you spoiled me you bastage :tg: .

My reply reflects changes made to be able climb EXTREME vertical slopes, but they sacrifice trail ride comfort. These changes are for EXTREME VERTICAL CLIMBER ONLY (when you MUST outclimb the competition in very vertical situations).

rear skid mod

Here is picture of what I did and ratio rate of tranfer works great now for climbing hills even at 18 lbs boost.

Attachments

• rear skid Vector sm.jpg
    rear skid Vector sm.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 120
Couple things
- If you run an extension on the 05 then you may be able to correct some of the kick by angling the extension
- You could run a larger rear idler to take some of the kick out
- Springs on the control rods, 25mm ID and about 35mm long, remove one of the adjuster nuts
- Drop the rear mount 20mm changes the weight bias quite a bit

The best way to adjust transfer is with the transfer rods. That what they're there for! A little bit of adjustment goes a long way on the '05 and '06 skids. Closing the gap a few MM's will change transfer alot. All '05s and '06s come with a laminated suspension set up card to guide you through it.

05 suspension tranfer

If your running turbo you wil need to fixup stock tranfer rate and adjusting the nuts won't do it.!!
Make sure to check that no suspension binding up after changing things.
What i do works great and will update with more pictures on 2006 sleds

Back