• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone find added speed when modding stock air box??

welterracer

TY 4 Stroke God
For you guys who drilled holes and added bullseyes.. Did you find and extra MPH on those apex's or attak's?

Careful drilling holes and adding bullseyes in different places. I tried alot of different combinations in multiple conditions and bigger is not always better! We only modify to our set dimensions and no larger than that for those reasons!

I truly beleive I lost top MPH with K&N's...I was hitting 110-170 on the dremometer and now 107 tops in the same snow conditions

Didn't drill holes or cut anything,jetted up tp 147.5 , NGK 10 plugs , Holz green springs , removed the tool box from the front of the rx1 , removed the little metal blocker from the nose of the sled(between the hood and top of belly pan(it swivels on the hood pin) cut the front bumper(no issue's on using the remaining bumpers to lift sled)than ran to plastic hoses from there through the bulk head to the rubber snorkel at the bottom of the airbox.Definate improvement here.

Attachments

• rx1 front mod (2).JPG
    rx1 front mod (2).JPG
    456 KB · Views: 146
  • rx1 engine mod (2).JPG
    rx1 engine mod (2).JPG
    548.9 KB · Views: 146
I really think on the rx-1 motor you need the horns inside the filter to get top performance at wfo. Maxdlx

Stock Yamaha filter still in air box,the hoses run to space between the bulhead and the mount for the ecu.Don't forget to secure the hoses,poke a hole at the end of each hose so the holes are side bye side then insert a small zip tie to secure them together.Then take another zip tie and secure it to the ECU mount plate so the hoses stay positioned right where the rubber snorkel sits.It's cheap and makes a big difference.

manitoba rx1 said:
I truly beleive I lost top MPH with K&N's...I was hitting 110-170 on the dremometer and now 107 tops in the same snow conditions

If you did not add a clutch kit, you are now driving through the clutch. In the old days when the hardest compound belt available was very soft comapred to todays belts, we used to call it "smoking the belt."

Back