• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone go back to running a 2 stroke?

VForce_NS

i have an 03 RX-1 with 5000kms on it and i am undecided what to do. i am either gonna trade it or i'm gonna modify it. i am looking at either going with renegade,crossfire, or a switchback. brand don't mean nothing to me but i was wondering if anyone has traded their 4 stroke and regret it.

i have an apex with turbo and im ordering a new 800renegade for next season. we are going on a diet for next year 300lbs less should be a riot

i am either gonna trade it ....to an Apex.

or i'm gonna modify it ...no, the Apex is a modified RX1.

i am looking at either going with renegade,crossfire, or a switchback ...but first I want to ride one and see how much speed I lose when i go off trail into soft snow.

The one in my avatar whci is a blast to ride. I have owned 4 4 strokes and none ride as good as this thing is all conditions. Forget the oil bs as if you use a good oil, no smell no see. Weight is the key for me for all around sled. Lot of off trail in the deep and the 4 strokes unless a mountain just don't cut it.

Jim

Stay with the 4 stroke

I could never go back to a 2 stroker......I now have 11300 miles...yes miles, on my 03 Rx-1.....Engine has never even made a hic-up on the trail...The thing about a 2 stroke....For me all I do is watch the ODO for the 5 to 6000 miles waiting for it to go down.....No comparison at all.....Heavier yes....but better in every way....My $.02....JD

My 600sdi had 14,000 km on it when I sold it and new owner says still running like a charm, forget most of the internet bs.

Jim

I've put 1000's of trouble free kms on 2 stroke yamahas. I've also had some self induced problems. I absolutely will not buy anything but a Yamaha...call me blind whatever...they are built better. That being said none of my 2 strokes can touch the fun factor of my RX. It has the ride, gas milage, and handling the I require for the type of riding I do. The only modification I've made is the Apex seat which completely changed the feel of the sled for the better. I LOVE this sled! I will not have another 2-stroke...ever...even our race sleds will be 4 strokes as they have unlimited possibilities..unlike the 2 strokes.

jimmie is right though...don't buy into the internet hype and buy what makes you happy. My RX doesn't feel heavy...and my 2 stroke didn't blow up (until I made it faster lol).

i guess this is one tough sdi.brp is the opposite of yamaha,every thousand sled,there is a good one,i for one will never own another 2 smoke again,after i bought my warrior in 04,i said i would never own another one,the next year i bought a used 700 vmax for the wife,then i realized,what a mistake i'd done.bought a phazer this year and gone was my last oil burner :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke:

Back