• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone have pics of exhaust hanger?

AttakDog

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Does anyone have any pics of the updated exhaust hanger on the newer Apex's or something made to fit on the older sleds? I need to put something in on the 05 RX1 and 06 Attak to help support it at the "X" pipe area of the muffler to try to stop the breakage. Already welded and added metal to both sleds but need to support it there also. I think I saw a post but can't find it searching. Thanks

Yep here you go...I don't want to discourage you but I had my exhaust replaced this fall due to FAILURE it was cracked! at close to 10.000kms :o|

Attachments

• CIMG0124.JPG
    CIMG0124.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 81
  • CIMG0125.JPG
    CIMG0125.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 71
  • CIMG0024.JPG
    CIMG0024.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 70
OK thanks. That looks to be easy enough to do, don't know if it will help though. 9,000 miles on the Attak and on the third weld job!

I got mine replaced under warranty, if it breaks again I'm getting a FLEX installed between the rear canister and "Y" intersection to releive tunnel flexing.

I just took my entire exhaust apart last night and couldn't get the allen key bolts loose from the y-pipes to the heat shield/bracket between the top of the tunnel and the y-pipes. I ended up having to drill the alen key bolts out so I could removed the y-pipes since of course I am another victim. I think my plan is to just install some exhaust rubber mounts and bolt through the bottom of the y-pipe to the top of the tunnel. This way I will have a little flexability in the y-pipes and a hex head bolt which I can actually remove if I ever need to replace my y-pipes again. If anyone else has had this problem feel free post your own 2 cents.

Thanks!!!

I heated mine red hot with the torch and they came out. Lots of anti seize with new bolts and no problems now, but checking the donuts more often too. Be careful using rubber there it gets hot!

Right understandable that the muffler has rubber gromets where the bolts go down through but have you tried moving the muffler while it is tight? Because it doesn't move... the entire tunnel will move before the muffler moves much. I think I am going to go and get some sort of 1"-2" dia springs with some tight tension and bolt them between the y-pipes and the tunnel. That way their is a little flex throughout the entire system.

Back