• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone know if you can change the Nytro Gauge Colour?

TVBrian

Pro
Website
www.portperrysnowmobileclub.com
I am looking for a way to change the display colour on the Nytro Gauge from the amber/yellow that it is now, to some type of blue.

Whether that means opening it up and gelling something or some way of changing the LED's, etc.... No option is to crazy!

Any ideas guys, I know there is some smart cookies here, especially with electronics?

:bling

I am sure it can be done but I dont know if any one has done it? It would be easiest to find a schematic. Find out the voltage for the stock lighting and maybe get an L.E.D light. Im not sure if a resistor or something will have to be used. I know people do it in cars a lot. Its probably on a circuit board as well. First thing would be to find a schematic or if you have experience with electronics you could just take it apart. Maybe when I get mine back I will take it apart and look. I would feel way better about doing it if I had a schematic to make sure its just a single circuit and isn't tied into another part of the circuit. I would love to do it red! Great idea! Please keep this updated if you find anything and I will see what I can find

Just use blue spray paint. Sometimes the simplest solutions are overlooked.

I didn't see a schematic for the guts of the pod in the service manual. But then all schematics look like hieroglyphics to me.

I am pretty sure it can be changed it might just take some research. It cant be much different then the backlighting of a vehicle like on a stock head unit or other pieces that light up. People with cars do it all the time so I can guarantee its possible. You may have to un-soldier the light from the circuit board and soldier a new led in or so type of resistor depending on what the previous lights voltage is but its prolly close to the range of an LED.

Keep up the good work TVB. This one will be a very cool mod if possible. Ya might want to PM Rockmeister or SNOWDOG they seem to have a real knack for the electronic stuff.

Not going to happen guys, just took my gauge apart and the display is sodered to the circit board, I guess if you have major balls you could un-soder it but there is quite a few pins 35+ to make it happen and they are very fragile and small. It looks to be 4 circit board LED's behind the display but its next to impossible to remove them without damaging something. See for yourself if you like but I have been in automotive electronics for 10 years and know when not to f with something.

Back