• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone put a handlebar riser on apex/attak

I installed the Rox riser. The nice thing about it is that there is a Yammy specific adaptor that lets you use the chrome ring and not drill out the original in case you want to return to normal.

Mine is used to turn my Attak into more of a cruiser, but you could certainly use it to pivot forward and up.

GW

Attachments

• rox.jpg
    rox.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 121
I went with the Mountain Apex riser. 2.5" taller and No cable changes. This riser should have been stock on the Attak. I love it. The adjustability of the ones posted look great also. ;)!

I have searched a lot and this post states the stock riser for Apex (in my case, 2007 Attak) is 4.5". I just purchased this sled and everything is bone stock so I assumed my riser was but it is 6".
If it's stock, I know I can fit 2 or 2-1/2" riser. If the 6" is not stock, I will order the mountain cable. Any confirmation of height for stock Attak riser would be much appreciated.

I went with the Rox 2 inch pivot riser on mine. Bolts to the top of the factory riser. No issues with the wires or cables. ;)!

I believe my 08 Apex came with a 6" riser on it. I added one inch a fairly cheap way. I bought a Powermadd 1 inch riser block. I ground off the black coating and trimmed it to fit with the stock trim ring around the base of the handle bar. I then went to Fastenal to purchase metric threaded rod. Like others were saying, cable length was not an issue. This worked perfect for me so I can stand up without hunching over. There is definitely more wind at you hands if you have a stock windshield and no guards.

I ended up deciding on Rox riser and purchased the 3.5" along with mountain cable.
After putting the 3.5" on it was a little high for my taste - good for standing but too high for sitting where I spend majority of time.
Therefore, I returned it and installed the 2" Rox riser which seems to be about right. Good fit and easy to install.

Back