• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone put a rod through the block???

poleclimber

Lifetime Member
1/4 mile from my house belt started slipping bad and before you know it then engine quit. Took cover off the side and nothing but oil everywhere and a hole in the front of the block....nice!!! Anyone else have this problem yet? Only have about 1000mi on this thing. Little disappointed because I've pretty much had all this stuff that you guys talk about happen to mine... :o|

Get on the phone with Yamaha and I suspect you will be fixed up quickly. If there is one thing that Yamaha likes to market is the reliability of the bullet proof 4 stroke engine. I suspect they will want to limit the exposure of a story such as this.

When that happens it,s usually oil related. did you tip the sled on it,s side running for a while or did you check the oil level to see if it was adequate.

Nope no knock before just let looseand no didn't have it tipped over either. Just blew all the oil out and bang there she was. Did find out they (Yamaha) is sending a brand new complete motor and I'll have it back by next weekend!.

Did you change the oil filter & leave the old rubber o-ring from the old filter still attached to the block?

poleclimber said:
I didn't change the oil. Dealer did. Could that have caused it?
That "WILL" do it for sure.................. I can't see a dealer being that careless............... Oh wait, they may have had some young snot nose rookie doing the grunt work.......... So if you do your own oil changes in the future............. Always take off the old gasket. ;)! MM.

did the heat light or anything else give notice. Is the machine studded. Did Yamaha come and inspect before authorizing the warranty? And last but not least how long? Sorry for the 50 questions but very inquisitive to how Yamaha treats engine failures.

there motor is the best part of this sled hands down with over 9000kms on my nytro i havent ever had a problem with the motor . and there warrnety is really really good as long as you deal with a decent shop like yamaha in Elie manitoba . I havent had to argue one warrenty issue with them . and they always get me ready for riding time . endless times they went out of there way to get me on the trail .

Back