• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone put the fuel shutoff valves on their vectors yet?

WiVector

Extreme
I was just reading about them on the rx forum and wondered if anybody did this to their vectors yet. Or if anybody is worried about this problem, I tend to trailer about 4 hours every other week or so.

Not yet. But after reading that post I'm thinkin' about it. I was wondering how many it takes. :ORC MM.

Fuel shutoffs

I did. It takes all of 30 seconds. Prevention is my motto! :D

Fuel shut-off valves needed?

Seen it mentioned on the thread in RX General Talk about shutting off the fuel while trailering that it was mentioned that there is an auto-fuel shut off within the fuel pumps.

Can anyone verify this?

fuel shutoff pic

I installed them staggered just before the fuel pumps.

Attachments

• fuel shutoff.jpg
    fuel shutoff.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 262
RSRager, Excellent decision to have your dealer install fuel shut-offs. It costs next to nothing and removes any doubt. ;)!

I threw my Rs Vector in the back of my GMC pick up and traveled over 400 miles with 2 blips on the fuel gauge. I had no problems whatsoever. I even tipped it on it's side and it started right up.

One of the reasons I switched from Polaris to Yamaha is the thoughtful engineering Yamaha puts into their products, quality control, and attention to detail. The fact that Yamaha does not install shut off valves from the factory leads me to believe that Yamaha feels they are unnecessary. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with cost - I would have bought my RX1 & RS Venture if they cost $30.00 more.

Nevertheless, I'm a firm believer in: "Better safe than sorry." Given the inexpensive cost of the shut off valves verse the potential damage of not having them, I put them on my '03 RX1 and I will be putting them on my wife's '05 RS Venture - it’s cheap insurance.

fuel shut off

They do look like the ones in the Yamaha accessory book except for the Yammy part appears to be a 90 degree application and the ones pictured here are straight. Can you get them either way or did you get them somewhere else?

Back