• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone race a Z1 Turbo yet?

I've raced one with my Bravo and smoked it. LOL, from what I've heard they aren't slow. I work at a Cat dealership, and all I can say is good luck with any first year Cat. There is a reason I ride Yami.

dude...you work at a Cat dealership and ride a Yammi?

How do you explain that to the boss? Please tell me you can ride your sled to work.

Awesome.

Im not overly brand loyal. But right now, Im a yammi fan....so I love this.

Never buy a first year production model, unless you are willing to resign yourself to the fact that you are the factory's Guinea Pig and may have to pay something extra for that privilege. I apply the same philosophy even when they just make significant changes.
This rule of thumb is exactly, why I am not riding that XTX, this year. :)

Len Todd said:
Never buy a first year production model, unless you are willing to resign yourself to the fact that you are the factory's Guinea Pig and may have to pay something extra for that privilege. I apply the same philosophy even when they just make significant changes.

Ok the Longer rails are new, but this is the second year for the FX Nytro

Daranello said:
Len Todd said:

Ok the Longer rails are new, but this is the second year for the FX Nytro
Longer rails and what goes with them are major components to me. The rails impact the track & wheels, hyfax and load on the drive train. That is significant enough of a change for me. The other thing that causes a bit of hesitation with the XTX are the A-Arm mounts. I would like to see a year where these hold up, before the plunking down the bucks.

i worked at a cat dealer for 8 years. And always ran a yami. And that is true don't buy the first year. When the firecat came out, their was 64 updayes and recalls for it. They rush it in to production. But with the 4 strokes, the motors are coming out of vehicles from overseas, so they are tested motors. Also i was talking with a member in our club today and he already had to replace his speedo guage. 25 miles on it

Kevin Garceau said:
dude...you work at a Cat dealership and ride a Yammi?

How do you explain that to the boss? Please tell me you can ride your sled to work.

Awesome.

Im not overly brand loyal. But right now, Im a yammi fan....so I love this.
There are some things the boss doesn't need to know. I like my job and want to keep it!

Ouch eddietcat01, do you get a discount on cat sleds? I can see riding yammie if you didn't get a discount, but if they gave you a healthy discount maybe that would make up for dislike of cats? If you like yammie, couldn't you go and work for a yammie dealership, or did you lose interest in cat after being trained and working there for a while?

I saw one up in the UP on Saturday and the guy said still breaking in and would not run it hard -Chicken-

Wisconsin said:
Ouch eddietcat01, do you get a discount on cat sleds? I can see riding yammie if you didn't get a discount, but if they gave you a healthy discount maybe that would make up for dislike of cats? If you like yammie, couldn't you go and work for a yammie dealership, or did you lose interest in cat after being trained and working there for a while?
I do get the sleds at cost, and I love my 06 Crossfire sno pro, but I wanted a four stroke. I feel at this time the Yamaha offers a better four stroke. I am not crazy about the looks of the Jag or the Turbo. The plastics scratch too easily, and I don't like the contours. If I am going to spend a significant amount of money I want it to be exactly what I want. Plus the Apex engine is SWEET! The riding position feels almost like my Crossfire. Those two things sold me. I am not bashing Cat. I think all four manufacturers have something to offer. If the didn't they would be where ski daddler, bolens, rupp, chaparral, ECT are now. Right now it's Yamaha for me.

Back