• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone ride around Truckee?

DamonJones

Extreme
I'm still Jones'n for some snow as we aren't getting any here to speak of. I have family friends in Truckee but they don't ride. I would love to come ride the area some day but would need a guide and a riding buddy. Any input on the area would be great. :Rockon:

Here is a link to some riding around Truckee from Christmas and New Years this year

http://ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=82042

We've received seven FEET of snow in the last week.

Sorry no recent action pics but here are a couple of stills that I took with iphone today....

I live about 8 miles south of Truckee on hwy 89 towards Tahoe city. If you make it to Truckee let me know and I'll take you out. I typically ride meadows and boondock in trees... if you are looking to drop cornices or do big pulls vertical walls, there are plenty of great riders here (I'm NOT one of them) who can show that terrain also.

Murph

Attachments

• LTS1.22.2010.jpg
    LTS1.22.2010.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 106
  • LTS1.22.2010.1.jpg
    LTS1.22.2010.1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 89
Holy crap 7 feet! And I was getting excited that we got a few inches. :o| Thanks for the offer to go ride, the meadows are just my style so it's a perfect match. If I can make it work I'll will get in touch with you. Funds are tight this year so I don't know if I can pull it off or not. I hope you get a chance to play in all that new snow some more. Let us know how it goes. :rocks:

I could spend the whole day in that field in the last picture and be a happy clam.

Roest said:
Northern Cali is getting hammered. Bend got 2" last night.

You feel my pain - Sunday we are going to get some new snow according to the forecast. Not alot but some. We are thinking of putting a ride together on Monday. Even if it's not great I need a snow fix.

Got a good ride in up here today finally. I'm looking to come down there the President's Day weekend. Hope the conditions hold and I can make the trip work. I'm excited to check out hte area.

Yeah, went out last week during the storm, bottomless powder like i've never seen before, we were just carving in the big meadows, nothing was tracked out. Got stuck 5 or 6 times and nailed a tree, luckily no damage.

Went out again on the weekend but only got to ride groomed trails with a new sledder.

All in all conditions were perfect bordering on ridiculous, though it was starting to rain when I left on Monday, so it might have all gone to #*$&@.

Mark

That would be so cool. I'd sure like to see those high temp below freezing however. Keeping my fingers crossed. The new snow would be cool but it will be fun even without it. I'm really interested in seeing the area. Keep me posted on the weather.

DJ

Looking at the weather forecast....

Better bring a virgin to sacrifice....

Not much snow predicted and warm temps......sheeeiiittttt!

On second thought, bring two virgins.

No worries - it will be fun not matter what. I'm just interested in riding some new territory and meeting you guys.

Back