• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone run C&A xt's or xtx's ,and now razors on a nytro

I want to know too.

I have a pair of C&A's but I haven't riden my sled yet. I have the stock ski's too, but I'm not sure which route I'm gonna go.

I'm sure I'll try them both before I get rid of either.

Come on snow :-o

I ran xt,s on my xtx. Really really made the steering feel a lot heavier. Some local guys plane the keel down 1-1.5" to lighten em up a little.So far usi project v301,s been the best so far.

I have XTX's on my sled, and they have made an incredible difference. Probably not the best ski for someone who is concerned about heavier steering unless one takes the time to dial in the weight transfer, but if you want something to lift that front end up and over off-trail and to hook up in loose trail conditions, this is a great ski for that.

Turk said:
I ran xt,s on my xtx. Really really made the steering feel a lot heavier. Some local guys plane the keel down 1-1.5" to lighten em up a little.So far usi project v301,s been the best so far.

see if you can determine how they take the keel down exactly...if I do it id like to make sure I dont screw them up tx

I've had the XT's for 3 seasons now. They do steer heavy, I've put up with it because they handle awesome in deep snow. Last season I took an inch off the keel with a wood planer(by hand) and it made a noticeable difference but they're such a flat ski that I don't think you'll ever get them to steer light. I'm not sure what I'll run this year. Looking at RMK grippers, MODS, and the new GenIII Simmons.

Why bother going to the work ( and guessing ) to machine the keel down? Why not go with the Razors or the Trail X which are already less aggressive than the XT's or XTX's....I run the Trail x's and love them, not too aggressive but better then stock. The Razors may be better off trail as they do not tapper back like the Trail X's and they still have plenty of bite without the darting due to the v shaped keels on the outer edges.

shaddow44 said:
Why bother going to the work ( and guessing ) to machine the keel down? Why not go with the Razors or the Trail X which are already less aggressive than the XT's or XTX's....I run the Trail x's and love them, not too aggressive but better then stock. The Razors may be better off trail as they do not tapper back like the Trail X's and they still have plenty of bite without the darting due to the v shaped keels on the outer edges.

Exactly...I'm actually selling my pilots and getting some razors.

sj said:
only thought is the wider ski for more float...

Ya I suppose an inch might make a bit of difference....but I'll never let my wife know that lol.

well I own the xt's now....might trade for some razors...they are the choice of snowcrossers!

sj said:
well I own the xt's now....might trade for some razors...they are the choice of snowcrossers!

Did you recently buy XT's? I thought you wanted Yammi Mt skis! I've really good things about C&A XT's and XTX's.

If the Simmons fail me I'll switch to either XTX's or back to my Yammi Mt Skis with Snowtrackers.

My thought was either would rock off trail, being like 7.5 or so inches wide!!!!!!!!

Mike

ya..I want a c&a setup and a set of mountains both...see what I like..Ive been on simmons exclusively since 96' !!

sj said:
ya..I want a c&a setup and a set of mountains both...see what I like..Ive been on simmons exclusively since 96' !!

Good plan SJ!!!!

Why switch from Simmons? I'm going to try them out, but I'm getting nervous from so many threads about bad pushing from the Gen 1's. I hope I dont experience that.

If so, I'm leaning towards XTX's as a fall back.........

Mike

to me the simmons are the most predictable flat footed feeling ski...but in the sugar snow..loose snow or icy corners..they do have a tendency to understeer...and when running shapers on both the in inside and outside they can be tough to turn at slower speeds on hardpack..

you will loose some top end with any dual runner ski..and they are no exception...

if I dont like either setup I will be going back "home"

Back