• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone trail riding with slydog command skis?

Do you remember what the time was you received the skis from time of order?
I ordered a set and hope to get them before a trip I am planning.

It took 8 days from the time I ordered to delivery. They literally showed up at 8pm at night and we were leaving for our trip the next morning at 8am.

I put a set on my nytro xtx. Zero darting, zero push, but the nytro heavy front end it is a complete bear to turn from 25mph down.(pre load off front shocks, front spring cranked almost tight , star rear suspension) Took them off and deciding what to do next. May buy the ski mount and put them on the winder to try, wrong color of course.

I put a set on my nytro xtx. Zero darting, zero push, but the nytro heavy front end it is a complete bear to turn from 25mph down.(pre load off front shocks, front spring cranked almost tight , star rear suspension) Took them off and deciding what to do next. May buy the ski mount and put them on the winder to try, wrong color of course.

Having power steering is the ticket with these skis!

Having power steering is the ticket with these skis!
Dont think there is any way i can make them work on the nytro, just cant get it light enough for low speed turns. I would say they would work well on my winder, has light steering but has the tuner push..skis are blue, winder is black,,lol. May just have to sell them.

Nice reviews on these skis, may give them a try next season. The proclimb g2’s on my riot work well but they were alot better on my 137 then they are on the 146’s. Having power steering allows you to ignore the effort part and just make sure the characteristic’s are what your looking for.

I put them on my 21 xtx se and have found the work well no darting and hold a line well no push but now the steering is quite heavy. I'm thinking of trying the stingray mods sping and bop mechanical steering next winter.

Aaaaaand?? Thoughts…….
Post 151

Aaaaaand?? Thoughts…….
sorry, just got back from a 4-day saddlebag ride in Canada.
I now have @950 miles on these skis and have made a few observations.
1. They do bite. They turn NOW. With the shaper bar, they bite too much for me, even with EPS. They bite hard enough it wants to lift the inside ski. I can't dial this out without sacrificing ride quality.
I am admittingly a lazy rider. If I can get the sled to handle like I want without hanging azz off the side, I will. I am not an "active rider" anymore. Sometimes when hammering through the twisties, but I don't want to hang off the sled all day to keep the inside ski down.
2. I think the shaper bar combo on this ski is too much. The shaper works well with the lighter 2 stroke sleds but when put on ANY ski on the heavier 4 strokes they become a bear to turn in certain conditions. Even on the stock ski, the shaper bar becomes hard to turn.
Some will say to increase center shock preload or get a heavier spring. I have tried that and I don't like what it does to the ride of the sled. I have increased the center shock preload as much as I can without sacrificing ride quality.

I am going to use this ski with a less aggressive runner, say maybe a 6 inch round bar.

3. They are tough. We just got back from 4 days in Canada. In one day we ran into the worst conditions I have ever seen. Mud, rocks, tar, dirt roads. I was cringing all day. 7 broken studs, 2 wheels ruined, skegs worn down. I thought the Slydog skis I just bought would be ruined. I checked them out this morning and was surprised at how well they held up. Some gouges, the front edge of the keel worn but they fared far better than I thought.

I have hope that with a less aggressive bar on these skis, I can find the balance between the push that dual runner carbides have and bite that the shapers have.

Post 151

Thank you sir, I had missed that.

Back