• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone trail riding with slydog command skis?

Trackers on the c&a razors ? I’m thinking the 9” shaper bars are contributing to the heavy steering, first ride out was -30*C in the morning, I don’t think the keel was touching the trail lol..
Yes, snowtrackers on c&a razors

resurrecting this old thread, thinking about ordering the command ski with 6 inch shaper bar
I talked to slydog and they recommend toe out per side up to a 1/4 inch with their ski.
I am currently less than 1/8 per side.
For those running this ski, did you adjust your toe also or just put the ski on and go?

Thinking or you are lol… They told me the same about setting toe at 1/4” which I did.
You have eps right ?

Thinking or you are lol… They told me the same about setting toe at 1/4” which I did.
You have eps right ?
Ha! Yes, they are currently in the cart on their site!!!
I do have EPS.
I rode yesterday and the push I am getting out of these skis when riding hard is getting old.

I do have EPS.
I rode yesterday and the push I am getting out of these skis when riding hard is getting old.
What skis are you running now? Have been looking to get some Slydogs. Really like the color combos. But have been told to go with their powderhounds perhaps. Do break trail on lakes sometimes and want a wider ski. Other than that it's trails. Currently on Curves since sled was new, but can't compare as I haven't driven on any others.

I do have EPS.
You seem like someone who likes to get things perfect and with eps you will be pleased with the command ski.
What skis are you running now? Have been looking to get some Slydogs. Really like the color combos. But have been told to go with their powderhounds perhaps. Do break trail on lakes sometimes and want a wider ski. Other than that it's trails. Currently on Curves since sled was new, but can't compare as I haven't driven on any others.
I wouldn’t go anymore of an aggressive keel then the command ski, the powderhounds would be to aggressive imo without eps.

I’ve been running the 7” Sly Dog Powder Hounds since 2017 on my Vectors and they are by far the best ski I have tried. I’ve tried probably 6 different brands . I started with 6” shaper bars and have had Semi Aggressive Snow trackers on since 18. On the Vectors there is no hard steering very light .

You seem like someone who likes to get things perfect and with eps you will be pleased with the command ski.

I wouldn’t go anymore of an aggressive keel then the command ski, the powderhounds would be to aggressive imo without eps.
The Command and PH8 have a 1.25" keel, whereas the PH7 has a 1". I agree with not wanting to be too aggressive for sure.

I have over 1,200 miles on my Slydog Command skis now. I just bolted them on without adjusting any toe. I put 850 miles on during one trip using the 8" Snow Studs Magnum round bars. I liked them, but had a little darting under deacceleration. I ordered a pair of 6" Shaper bars thanks to @WinderFab and rode this weekend for 275 miles on them. All darting is gone! Handling was amazing. We had all different snow conditions with recent 12"+ of fresh snow this week. I had hard packed to very soft fluffy.....and they just go where you point. I was following my son today with his Stryke Skis with 6" Snow Stud Double Downs and he was pushing like crazy, which I expected in the soft snow. Not me!

BTW, I do have EPS on my '23 so these skis are definitely the ticket for me!

Attachments

• command.jpg
    command.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 77
You seem like someone who likes to get things perfect
Yeah, a little OCD with snowmobiles for sure.
I have over 1,200 miles on my Slydog Command skis now. I just bolted them on without adjusting any toe. I put 850 miles on during one trip using the 8" Snow Studs Magnum round bars. I liked them, but had a little darting under deacceleration. I ordered a pair of 6" Shaper bars thanks to @WinderFab and rode this weekend for 275 miles on them. All darting is gone! Handling was amazing. We had all different snow conditions with recent 12"+ of fresh snow this week. I had hard packed to very soft fluffy.....and they just go where you point. I was following my son today with his Stryke Skis with 6" Snow Stud Double Downs and he was pushing like crazy, which I expected in the soft snow. Not me!

This is what I like to hear. Do you know where your limiter strap is set at?

Yeah, a little OCD with snowmobiles for sure.

This is what I like to hear. Do you know where your limiter strap is set at?

Limiter is in stock hole, which I believe is 1 from full length. I've been thinking of moving to the last hole (longest length) like I have on my other Sidewinder with my Elka Stage 5's, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. I might just wait until next year once I have my skid out and send my shocks in for a rebuild.

That’s great to hear.. I’m not one to lead people in the wrong direction, I knew you would be pleased. Slydog nailed it with this ski.

Great info. I just ordered a set of the Command skis based on all the positive feedback. There seems to be a good amount of technology and engineering in the design of these skis to support the favourable results guys are reporting.
Question - anyone have any thoughts or experience with using a set of Bergstrom ski-savers with these skis?

Thanks for your input @WinderFab. Super happy with these Slydog Command skis.
Do you remember what the time was you received the skis from time of order?
I ordered a set and hope to get them before a trip I am planning.

Back