• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone use this skid? Also would you buy this sled?

I'm looking at buying a nitro, and found one with this skid in it, he called itan Ecomb skid? I have seen them before, but that name doesn't sound right? Anyone know what kind of skid this is? Are they anygood? I do lots of flat land riding, ditch banging type riding, and just plain boondocking, not much climbing. The sled also has a 156x16x2.5 CE on it. How will that affect the maneuverability of the sled? I want it to be as easy to throw around as possible, the way I see it the 16 wide would make it more stable, or is that not the case? I do like the idea that it is a CE, over the stock junk mavrick though. Would you buy this sled? Here is the add.

"2008 yamaha nytro mtx with custom rear ecomb skid and 156x16x2.5, Lefty throttle, slip on skinz pipe, custom tank on the back, have all stock parts (skid,track,muffler,winshield) 841 km all mountain riding. Selling because I want a rhino- looking for trades on a side by side."

Not sure on price, haven't called him yet, but there are other 08 nitros around, most going for about $9500 right now. Here's the pictures of the sled and skid.

Attachments

• NIRTO WITH ECOMB SKID.jpeg
    NIRTO WITH ECOMB SKID.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 94
  • NIRTO WITH ECOMB SKID 2jpeg.jpeg
    NIRTO WITH ECOMB SKID 2jpeg.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 94

elkholm makes some decent pieces, they used to have some killer trailing arms for the proaction sleds in the day. i havent heard about the skid in a newer sled. ski

Ok there we go, that's the name I was looking for. But I'm going to hold off a bit on buying a nitro, was told today by my dealer that polaris has a fix coming, that will fix my D8 and all the motor problems I have had. So I'm going to wait and see what the fix is first, before I buy a Nitro. They showed me the letter they got from polaris, it looks good, I hope they fix it once and for all.

It looks decent enough. The biggest drawback of the nytro is the track and the rear skid being that it will not climb even parked on a simple incline it will dig down until it is stuck. The elkholm skid is new to me but by the looks of the setup in the picture it pushes the track into the snow which the stock suspension does not even come close to doing. By the picture this unit will work "OK" to Good depending on your riding style. I have found the best way to make these sleds work the best is to boost them and you will excel every sled you will ride with!!

P.S. I have never seen a sled go through as much as much as i have seen a boosted Yammie go through!!

I thought it looked like a tuff skid, but haven't ever been around one. I do most of my riding in meadows and fields with lots of snow, boon docking, do some ditch banging, going around looking for drifts, if there is a hill around we will play on it till it is totally tracked up and useless. lol We don't have many hills around here, so when we find one we make good use of it. But I hardly ever make it to the mountains, maybe one or two trips a year. I tend to ride pretty hard, my polaris 155 skid works good for my riding style, just needs some better shocks, hopefully that gives you an idea of what my day to day riding looks like. I have seen these skids on the older mod sleds, but never heard much about them I guess.

I don't know if they quit making that skid but I haven't seen one in a while. Always heard of guys having issues with them trenching badly. Far as I know Eklhom is out of business.

Rx1M5

Back