• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone using a 14 hacksaw

adirondac blue

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Is there anybody running a 9027 14 inch hacksaw track on a apex. If you are, are there any problems with this track.

Have a friend runing a 14" Phazer track on his turbo RX-1. Only problem is lack of hookup in any kind of snow. We were worried about stretching but it has been fine.

It must have been your skid setting.We been running hacksaw's on 300hp sleds.They hook up great.3/4 of the sleds ranging between 150hpto 450 which there was a lot between 300-400hp at the weenie roast where all running hacksaws.

It hooked up ok from the hole shot (6-8" of ski lift) but at 90mph it would spin, at 110 mph it would spin harder, at 120 mph it would spin out and simply stop accelerating. I'm not talking ice talking a fair amount of loose snow. Put the cobra on and it will at least run up to 140mph and still have power left.

Maybe they are ok for shorter drags on ice but definitly not a drag race on a field, trail, etc. In my experience. The cobra does everything better. I am not a racer I set it and forget so for me the cobra works. Still like the predator better though.

I used the 14 inch hacksaw for one season. I think it sucked. It was the worst for traction of the 4 tracks I have had on mt apex. Speed wise I did'nt notice any extra top end. I had the ripsaw for the first 2 seasons ok traction and speed. then a 1 inch predator less traction than the ripsaw and I really did'nt notice and real improvement to top end. Then the 14 inch hacksaw same speed less traction. This year I have a 1.25 predator, i wish I had one right from the strat. It has the best traction and it goes just as fast as the last 2 tracks.
I hope this helps.

Back