• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex asphalt outlaw build

machzrobbie

Expert
Summer is coming and it's time for me to change into asphalt mode. All winter I've been trying to decide which sled to race this summer and finally decided a couple weeks ago yo race the Apex and try to run with the big boys.

So here's the plan, I have the apex stripped right down to the tunnel, sent the block and head to Hurricane and Dave's building me a 700 hp big bore block with his head porting in the head. Fitting a bigger Garrett turbo and going to make the sled as light as I can. Goal is 550 hp, still working on a direction with engine management, but leaning to Daves stand alone. Other things to still consider are exhaust and boost control, I'll post those as we go along with lots of pictures of progress and the build.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Nice !!!! Hope you get to pull the trigger soon I started my viper build last September for the ice season and it never got done!

I'm getting the motor back tomorrow, I've been working at fabbing up exhaust pipes and mounting the turbo this week. I'll finish up putting the motor together on the weekend and drop it back in the chassis early next week and hopefully be ready to head to Hurricane's by the end of the month to install standalone, get it running and dyno it.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Picture of exhaust. I've been talking with Allan Ulmer about his header for the Apex and have one on the way, I'll add more pictures of it when it's in my hands. It's a direct replacement for the stock 11+ Apex without the exup, perfect for what I'm doing!

Back