• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex asphalt outlaw build

Sleds together and will be out testing next weekend. The dash hooks up to ecu for data read out, I can have 4 parameters per screen(boost, rpm, engine temp, a/f) and it has a gps built in. Can data record the dash and ecu, and the dash will record data against time/ speed.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
View attachment 118771 View attachment 118770

Got out testing, still a ways to go, and 60 ft's are terrible but sled is running good. I held this run to just before 1000 ft and let off. My times are on the left. If you look at the screen shot of my data from GPS dash the high speed on the run was 154.7 mph

Youre an animal! lol 138 in the 8th mile seems pretty good. Is that Ernie in the other lane?:

How do you find other rednecks to race snowmobiles on asphalt??? Unreal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was out testing Friday for the big OSDRA race this coming weekend here in Ontario trying to get the sled dialed in a bit. We got 8 runs in, in 4 hrs with the video above being the best 5.15@139. There was a lot going on with trying to get the clutching, stutter set up with boost and getting the tune where it should be. The Autronic standalone I'm using is brand new to me and I'm still getting a handle on adjusting everything. We dyno'd the sled @ 26 pounds making 548 hp, but were having a hard time keeping the waste gate closed with the spring I had in it to be able to make more. I change the spring to a heavier spring, but when trying to adjust boost on Friday, I was concentrating on too much stuff and didn't realize that when I was trying to turn the boost up I was changing the wrong part of the boost map - so every run was the same - first 2 seconds were 20 pounds of boost, the next two seconds were at 23 and then it ramped to 24.5 pounds. I thought we were having problems with the waste gate again, but when I got home I realized what had happened. I'm pretty impressed with the numbers so far - wish I got the boost up though!

On a side note I installed the ULMER header last week and the thing fits like a glove and obviously didn't hurt our power at all. We changed the clutching up a bit from the last outing but our first run off the trailer was a 5.21 compared to a 5.32 which was the best the last outing with the same boost - I think it makes good power compared to the stock header. Its around 2 pounds heavier then stock but I think the durability will far out weigh the weight. I'll update over the summer how it stands up - but I like it!

Nitro.jpg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Back