• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX chaincase / reverse

the 2 linkages arms are very sensible to travel so you just have to adjust it a little at a time,,until the 2 position work fine, same thing as it was new the reverse was poping off.

yeah, when I was working on mine I noticed that L shaped bracket connecting the 2 linkages had a little play/wobble. I snugged that up while I was in there and could understand why that would contribute to the problem.

stevewithOCD said:
The manual calls for 27 mm(1.06in) "between" the 2 nuts on the top horizontal lever rod. On the vertical lever rod you turn to lengthen the rod by hand until no play. Then back off 1/4 turn. Measure both EXACTLY before you adjust for reference in case you really screw it up. "between" the nuts is the internal dimension. My dimensions between the tie ends; not the nuts; are 1 13/16in on the horizontal & 1 7/16in on vertical. Measure & see if you're close...

So If I understand this correctly, you are lengthening the vertical rod so that the shifter forks inside the chaincase start to touch or (start to engage) the bottom reverse gear then back off 1/4 turn ?

Cause other then that wheres the freeplay coming from ?

Someone help please!

If this is not adjusted properly, can the sled slip out of FWD intermittently?

Mine was popping out constantly when I first got it. Lengthened the horizontal rod by a couple turns and it works perfectly. I also thought the gears inside would be damaged but there was no sign of wear at all.

Mine was popping out constantly when I first got it. Lengthened the horizontal rod by a couple turns and it works perfectly. I also thought the gears inside would be damaged but there was no sign of wear at all.

Popping out of FWD or Reverse? Mine might be popping out of FWD.

Sorry, I read you post wrong.... I've never heard tell of them popping out of FWD

Back