• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX CLUTCH KITs???

I'm a realative newbie here, but in reading all these clutch kit threads I've come to this basic conclusion, and I think Nos-Dan seems to agree: There are really 2 basic Apex clutch kits out there: Fix's with their wide belt and new split ring, and every body elses, which are more or less similar with adjustment to actual weights, spring poundages, and helix angles . It's really going to make for a long summer deciding what to do for next season. One day I'm going with Fix's, one day Ullmer's, then I think about piecing my own toghether using various tidbits of info I've came across here, and see If I can tune a Yammie system as well as I could a Poo in years past. :o| :dunno: :home: :beer:

Charged RTX said:
I run Super Torquer clutching in both clutches and it is awesome. The acceleration is great and top end is also good. I ran 139 on the speedo last year on glare ice. This is when I was clutching at 10,200.

but your running a blower right?
I've got a bolt on roller unit laying around...and can get some two speed weights

can you post or p.m.your clutch set up please[/b]

LOL Good answer Black700. LOL ;)! :rocks:

clutch set up

Charged RTX said:
No boost. Just had perfect conditions and a strong tailwind.

can you p.m. me your super torquer set up...I'd appreciate it

Anyone use the Super Torquer Heel Clicker 2 Speed clutch kit? I was reading about them and just wondering if anyones got one? They look and and sound great from what I'm reading lol...

Pioneer kit??

Last ride of the year 2 weeks ago I got my Attak working great with 40/20 hammertimes. It only pulled 10,200 rpm but in 1000' racing my buds doo,s it was definately quicker in that length then anything I had tried before.

Turk said:
Last ride of the year 2 weeks ago I got my Attak working great with 40/20 hammertimes. It only pulled 10,200 rpm but in 1000' racing my buds doo,s it was definately quicker in that length then anything I had tried before.

what else have you tried before?
what was your setup? what do you think it would have taken to get to 10,700?

What else did i try???
Not enuff space on here to list.
p-g-p yammie primary spring with 40/20 ht,s empty & stock secondary. initial angle was fine but neded a finish angle about 4-6 degrees less to get perfect rpm,s.

Back