• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Donut Elimination Mod

Kevin is very helpful and he is even continuously improving the product, I’ve attached a picture of last years style to this year. If you have the titanium Y pipes I would recommend you consider going to stainless steel. His flex pipes will fit much better! I sadly stayed with the titanium and was in a rush last year to put mine in and didn't spend the time to makes sure the exhaust was tucked up tight past the tunnel protectors. The exhaust fell into the track and was chewed up by the picks! So this year his design fit into the Y pipes and with a bit of die grinding, trimming and patience you can get it to fit well even with the titanium pipes. And use exhaust cement just to be sure you get a good seal!

Just make sure your exhaust is up above your tunnel protectors if your running picks!

Attachments

• 40A2E9E5-AC08-4697-861D-88352A8E8F47.jpeg
    40A2E9E5-AC08-4697-861D-88352A8E8F47.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,044
  • 5C8F1760-D0F1-49CF-B573-9E1B95CA522A.jpeg
    5C8F1760-D0F1-49CF-B573-9E1B95CA522A.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 979
  • 86DA9F99-A60D-473A-80D7-C357408F6EC7.jpeg
    86DA9F99-A60D-473A-80D7-C357408F6EC7.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 974

Kevin is very helpful and he is even continuously improving the product, I’ve attached a picture of last years style to this year. If you have the titanium Y pipes I would recommend you consider going to stainless steel. His flex pipes will fit much better! I sadly stayed with the titanium and was in a rush last year to put mine in and didn't spend the time to makes sure the exhaust was tucked up tight past the tunnel protectors. The exhaust fell into the track and was chewed up by the picks! So this year his design fit into the Y pipes and with a bit of die grinding, trimming and patience you can get it to fit well even with the titanium pipes. And use exhaust cement just to be sure you get a good seal!

Just make sure your exhaust is up above your tunnel protectors if your running picks!
Make sure your cut is correct ! I have Bender and stock Y pipes . All about the way the welds are on both. Looked to be a better fit and cut with stock Y pipes . Need to pay attention here. I called Kevin and let him know some people don’t know what they have if they are in a hurry and bought some machine not knowing etc .

Just came back from a 1000+ km trip and had no issues with exhaust after flex pipe install! Thank you FXGarageWorks!!

Last edited:
Website and how-to video look great! I'll be ordering a set of these to do this summer.

An update on the FX garage exhaust donut elimination kit.

During the season my Attak's O2 readings on the Pod 300 were unrealistically lean at idle so I ran most of the season with my Auto Tune off as I suspected an exhaust leak somewhere that was causing erroneous O2 readouts. The sled also was only running around 110 on the GPS at end of season whereas I was getting high teens at the start of the winter.
With all this in mind and after I just completed a 2000 mile season on my Attak, with the flex pipe donut elimination kit, I disassembled the sled to check the exhaust and complete other maintenance. Here's what I found.
The flex pipe mod held up well but was leaking right where they attach to the engine exhaust flanges, a couple worse then the others, but all of them were leaking. I checked the clamps and they were all quite loose. I tightened the clamps down securely and now they again are leak free.
If I were doing this mod again I would heat cycle the engine a couple times at least then tighten the clamps down with the exhaust being hot to ensure I got the clamps good and tight, but really the best solution would be to weld the flex joints to the engine side exhaust flange and they would be worry/maintenance free.
Overall I am happy with the flex pipe kit.

JM.02c

An update on the FX garage exhaust donut elimination kit.

During the season my Attak's O2 readings on the Pod 300 were unrealistically lean at idle so I ran most of the season with my Auto Tune off as I suspected an exhaust leak somewhere that was causing erroneous O2 readouts. The sled also was only running around 110 on the GPS at end of season whereas I was getting high teens at the start of the winter.
With all this in mind and after I just completed a 2000 mile season on my Attak, with the flex pipe donut elimination kit, I disassembled the sled to check the exhaust and complete other maintenance. Here's what I found.
The flex pipe mod held up well but was leaking right where they attach to the engine exhaust flanges, a couple worse then the others, but all of them were leaking. I checked the clamps and they were all quite loose. I tightened the clamps down securely and now they again are leak free.
If I were doing this mod again I would heat cycle the engine a couple times at least then tighten the clamps down with the exhaust being hot to ensure I got the clamps good and tight, but really the best solution would be to weld the flex joints to the engine side exhaust flange and they would be worry/maintenance free.
Overall I am happy with the flex pipe kit.

JM.02c

Same here! After about 3000km's this season my clamps all loosened as well. The clamps need to be looked at if theirs a better option. I was getting a strange power surge issue as well.

(see this post)
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/attak-sputtering-and-surging.156876/#post-1478869

I tried looking into a V band clamp like on car turbos but haven't been able to find anything small enough. For the amount of times I've had this apart I could of just changed out the donuts for the same amount of frustration. I started off with high hopes but I've had my sled apart like 5 times now chasing these leaks and I am getting tired. I want a true one time fix! Nothing against this product its a great idea and its only going to get better with time! Just needs a better clamp IMO.

Agreed. We chased leaks and non stop backfiring and got tired of taking the sled apart 3-4 times that week. Put it back to stock Y pipes and donuts and all is good!

Hi Guys
Thanks for all the feed back and thoughts on what needs to be improved with the kits. Im always trying to improve the parts and the installation process. I am looking into better clamps that are stronger and more clamping abilities. The kit is put together to fit all models that Yamaha has the exhaust systems on which include 2,3,4 cylinders. The kit is also a system that can be improved on by the installer or owner doing the installation. If you have or know someone that has welding skills you can weld them right to the exhaust manifolds if desired. We built the kits so anyone can install the system at home with the basic tools and have a successful install. Thanks again and please if you have any questions please contact me. Kevin

For $450 I expect a product to go together the first time with not much fuss. No welding, taking it apart 3-4 times etc.
I might as well do the donuts every year if it is going to be this much trouble.
Again, like Doktor C said a very good idea and I wanted it to work so bad but needs more refining by the seller not the buyer.

Back