• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex engine plumbing

Dave Crowder

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex
I have a 2006 Apex. I'm putting it into a race car (small open wheel formula car). All I have is the engine and the Yamaha manual. I need to figure out how to hook up the cooling and oiling systems.

Oil System: it looks like the dry sump oil tank will feed to a 5/8" hose connection on the bottom of the engine (clutch end). Just to the right of the oil filter there are 2 oil connections. I think the one closest to the oil filter is the return to the dry sump tank and the the other connection closest to the clutch end of the engine is a vent. Correct?

Cooling System: pump suction is on the bottom of the engine, it discharges 2 places, one to the oil cooler, and into the side of the engine, the coolant exits into a 2 into 1 off the top of the engine (valve/cam cover). The oil cooler and the top of the engine lines meet at the thermostat housing. Correct? There is also a connection off the top of the cover over the gear reduction system for the clutch output shaft. This I'm not sure about, I'm thinking it is another cooling line that goes to the thermostat housing, but I'm not sure, help please.

Are their any other cooling or oiling connections I'm missing? Huge thanks for any and all help!!!

Back