• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex freewheeling

Turbo10

Bought 2009 Apex GT last Feb, when new all was good, engine braking, etc. for about 200 km. Now when you let off throttle about after 2 seconds goes into freewheel like a car going down a road, no engine braking - go to use brakes, always goes into slide. Sled has 144 studs, stock track. Have an '09 Vector GT, engine braking works great, no problems. Rode the Nytro, no probs. Anyone have any suggestions? Dealer says its normal?? Why did it not do this when new? Vector has never done it and has excellent braking?

Thats what it should be doing. Yamaha is working to make the 4stroke more like a 2 stroke. My 2cent is, if I want a 2stroke fell I would of got one.

If its doing it and did not do it before you may have a clutch issue. Not sure what, but if your clutch is disengageing and it should not then something may be wrong. Mine disengages and free wheels but only when its almost to a stop.

shanksyamaha said:
If its doing it and did not do it before you may have a clutch issue. Not sure what, but if your clutch is disengageing and it should not then something may be wrong. Mine disengages and free wheels but only when its almost to a stop.
took sled to dealer shimmed clutch tightened track and replaced two shattered idler wheels apex runs great back to new basically like you said only when it is almost at stop which i don,t have a problem with

Back