• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex LTX or Nytro XTX?

I am new to this forum and wondering a couple of things about these sleds. I am not sure if this is the spot to place this or not. I am buying a Yamaha for next year as I sold my sled already this year. The last 4 sleds have been either 144 or 136 inch skids. I like the ride of a long track.
What I am wondering is most of my riding is groomed trail(85%) and 15% off trail. I weigh in at 250 dry(before gear) and would like the extra horse power. How does the XTX turn in the tight trails compared to the Apex. Can the Apex LTX go off trail with very little worries about getting stuck. I was looking at the GT model of the Apex but I was told the Ohlins shock was a great trail shock but not really meant for boondocking. Is this true.

Any info would help as I am really condsidering a left over Apex LTX. They also have a Nytro XTX.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Matt

Apex ltx is a great trail sled def not an off trail sled it'll go alright if you can stay on the gas off trail but if your trying to wind your way through trees in deep powder you rpob won't be happy

I see no reason not to go XTX.. Dont get me wrong.. the apex is great... but its alot heavier than a XTX is..

The XTX has almost as much power, lighter, and better for off trailling..

I love my 07 Attakt GT but it's not the greatest offtrail. Xcavater is right. I have ridden nytro's and i like the PULL from the 150s more. Either way you will be getting a great sled.

Back