• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Mt- Vs Vector Mt

Trxster

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Ok, had the 03' RX & the 05' Vector out this weekend in about 3-4' of snow (at Schreibers meadow). Step off the sled, up to the crotch and not touching bottom. It was fairly heavy snow though. My RX is lightened about 60 lbs and the Vector is stock. The freaking Vector is sooooo much more fun to ride-carving through trees, over little bumps, jumping, boondocking. The vector really seems to sense where you want to go and does it for you with a little steering. I assume the Apex Mt is the same. My RX on the other hand, still seems like it is riding me and I am not in control. So, a few questions to those that might know.

1 I know the Apex Mt got the Vector skid, but did it also get whatever front end geometry changes the Vector had???

2 What the heck were the geometry changes....I look at mine side by side and everything lines up the same. All mounting locations of A-arms look identical and the spindle is exactly the same height!!!

3 Will you be able to add ECP filters and Gut muffler on new sled with EFI without re-mapping?

The Apex has the Vector skid,sort of,it's better(the Apex)The front end geometry is the same,what makes the difference between the Vector and the 03 is the 22 lb weight loss on the engine,plus the fact that the skid on the Vector accutally picks itself out of the snow in the middle.Now the best part,the Apex is head and shoulders better than the Vector,the forward riding style has made the Apex a very good contender,and the engine flat out rocks.

The Apex has the Vector skid,sort of,it's better(the Apex)The front end geometry is the same,what makes the difference between the Vector and the 03 is the 22 lb weight loss on the engine,plus the fact that the skid on the Vector accutally picks itself out of the snow in the middle.Now the best part,the Apex is head and shoulders better than the Vector,the forward riding style has made the Apex a very good contender,and the engine flat out rocks.

I think the sleeper sled of the year next year is the special edition Vector mountain with the 162 track. Yamaha might as well have said 'turbo ready' on the hood.

That would be my choice if I was ready for a new one.

I knew the skid was a lot better than my 03' rx but as I mentioned, my rx has lost over 60lbs. Is there anyway to buy a new Vector skid for it?

You could just go with a Holz rear skid - similar design and the Holz would be lighter than the Vector skid.

this whole scenario proves how brainwashed people can get- the Vector is within 9 lbs of the RX-1 yet people react like its a totally different machine

wanting to know the other answer

Perhaps people think it's a whole new sled because it feels so much different........obviously . The last question wasn't answered , can you gut the muffler , and add filters on new sleds with EFI ? I would too like to know this info.....I sure it's been answered some where else , but I haven't seen it yet . ANYONE ?????

Back