• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex mtx reverse question

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Vector LTX GT.
WEBSITE
www. Moosehead Lawn Care.com
YAHOO
colemanbodemer@yahoo.com
Hi guys. Currently I am driving my 08 vector. But want to get an apex mtx, for off trail riding only, and keep using my vector for trail riding. So there is a 2007 all stock apex mtx for sale near me, with 2,500 miles on it. The problem is, no reverse on it. What are the part numbers for the parts I would need to have reverse? Or do you just buy the kit from Yamaha? Also would you need new a new chaincase housing due to the reverse gear? We know how to work on the chaincase. From what I hear you need reverse on these sleds, plus I would want it anyways. Thanks

Yes you can add it. It's a new chain case front cover. Used from barn of parts would be my choice. He will make sure you have everything you need.
So you can still use the stock back chaincase cover? I am planning on running 20t top, and 38t bottom on it for now. Might be better for crossover riding. Then if I feel the need I can go back to the stock 20t/40t.

That is correct. Figure around $3/400 to get reverse. Good luck!
Yep I can buy the whole chaincase with reverse on E-bay for $300 free shipping. Comes with both halves, gears, chain, reverse lever and linkages. I think I am going to go that route. $300 is not bad for a complete chaincase. There are other ones on there for $340 also. Just have to find the right one. 2006-2008 for the years as they changed the chaincase in 2009/ updated it.

Back