• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Timing Map for PCIII

Pete_man26

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Attak
I've spent lots of time looking for info for a apex PCIII timing map on here but haven't come up with much. All I've found is that the apex likes timing adjustments on the big end. Does anyone have anymore information? ex. how many degree's on top, retard or advance, is it worth changing throughout the whole RPM? Any information or even a map would be great! Thanks

current mod's include: air box mod, headers, PCIII, PCIII ignition module, head porting, clutching, 108 studs, 1" hacksaw, AEM Wideband O2

I've spent lots of time looking for info for a apex PCIII timing map on here but haven't come up with much. All I've found is that the apex likes timing adjustments on the big end. Does anyone have anymore information? ex. how many degree's on top, retard or advance, is it worth changing throughout the whole RPM? Any information or even a map would be great! Thanks

current mod's include: air box mod, headers, PCIII, PCIII ignition module, head porting, clutching, 108 studs, 1" hacksaw, AEM Wideband O2

Will pm ya soon with some info.

Could I have a map for the same?? ram air.. ulmer's clutch... studs, pc3usb and ignition module..cant find info on this.

I have a 2006 Yamaha apex 136 studded. Has ram air air box lid. Ulmer clutch kit. excell pipes
Launch control pc3usb and ignition module. Looking for pc3 map and timing map.

I'm not sure if I can share my maps. Not trying to be a jerk but I have a great deal of money and time (including dyno time) getting my maps to the level they are at.
It's not fair to me to just provide them freely when vendors charge money for their maps that are no where close to what mine are.
Not to mention that once I put a map out on the web, I have no control over its usage.
What I will say is that the stock fueling on the 1st gen Apex's is rich everywhere. Pulling fuel is the norm.
As far as timing 6 degrees advanced is a good number.
When you start tuning, its best to run premium gas.

Hi Mach eater. Are you advancing timing 6 degrees in high rpm and high boost areas of the map ?

After peak torq ?any info you can provide would be helpful. Thankyou

Hi Mach eater. Are you advancing timing 6 degrees in high rpm and high boost areas of the map ?

After peak torq ?any info you can provide would be helpful. Thankyou
6 degrees of advance in the upper rpm range is a good spec for a stockish 1st gen Apex.
You mention boost.
Are you running a super/turbo charger?
If so, I wouldn't be adding timing. At least not 6 degrees.

I thought you meant for a boosted apex.

Do you have any way to monitor knock externally?

I thought you meant for a boosted apex.

Do you have any way to monitor knock externally?
I have never looked into adding a knock sensor to my sled.
Although, its likely there are companies that sell kits to add them.
Dynojet might be a place to start looking if you're going that route.

Back