• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CoPiTrail, GAP Innovation announcement 2017-05-04

Hi guys, I'm seriously considering upgrading to this from the TD flasher - Question: with the GPS mapping feature - do you have MN, WI and MI trails covered or just Quebec? Alternatively, does it allow uploading maps of the US Trails like those from RedPine Mapping (which I have for my Garmin)?

Thanks

Hi Beerman

Thank you for your interest in CoPiTrail.

Map-wise, we have already added Minnesota and are working on Michigan at the current time. Wisconsin trails are on our list and if everything goes according to plan, they will be added before the season begins. Of course, we will actively work on improving and adding states and Canadian provinces as development progresses. We are capable of providing maps from other suppliers like RedPine if they do wish to join in. I have sent them an e-mail to see if they would be interested.

Turbo Dynamics, Hurricane Performance and Turbor Performance will offer an upgrade path for their respective GAP Flasher customers.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Last edited:
Hi Beerman

Map-wise, we have already added Minnesota and are working on Michigan at the current time. Wisconsin trails are on our list and if everything goes according to plan, they will be added before the season begins. Of course, we will actively work on improving and adding states and Canadian provinces as development progresses. We are capable of providing maps from other suppliers like RedPine if they do wish to join in. I have sent them an e-mail to see if they would be interested.

Turbo Dynamics, Hurricane Performance and Turbor Performance will offer an upgrade path for their respective GAP Flasher customers.

Best Regards,
Hi GAP, so I have everything from TD, (flasher, data logging, anti-lag, iPad mount) - is it possible to purchase the app you've developed to be able to run the GPS and Gauges on the same screen at the same time?

Thanks

GAP,

How close are you to having performance data available? I and others would like 60 foot times, 330 times, 660 times 1000 foot speed & ET and 1/4 miles speed and ET data...

Hi Everyone

Hope you had a good summer.
Hi GAP, so I have everything from TD, (flasher, data logging, anti-lag, iPad mount) - is it possible to purchase the app you've developed to be able to run the GPS and Gauges on the same screen at the same time?

In order to benefit from the CoPiTrail features including all GPS related ones, the GAP Flasher unit itself and wiring harness will have to be replaced with the CoPiTrail hardware.

Of course, GAP Flasher owners will be entitled to benefit from an upgrade path to a CoPiTrail unit. Parts normally in a CoPiTrail and in your possession (Brackets, iPad enclosure…) will not have to be replaced. All associated tunes and features (Anti-Lag, Datalogger…) will be transferred to the CoPiTrail at no charge.

Once CoPiTrail is available, please contact the tuner from which the Flasher was purchased for additional details, Hurricane/ Turbor Performance or Turbo Dynamics.
How close are you to having performance data available? I and others would like 60 foot times, 330 times, 660 times 1000 foot speed & ET and 1/4 miles speed and ET data...

CoPiTrail along with GPS performance data were tested on a car and our Side By Side successfully this summer. Tuners will receive their CoPiTrail in the coming days and will start validating the data shortly. We are in the final preparation steps for releasing CoPiTrail with a planned date of early December.

We will start presenting CoPiTrail and talk about its features in the coming weeks.

Please stay tuned…

Best Regards

Thanks for the quick reply, this sounds like good news. But wouldn't the GPS in the iPad Mini 4 work for those features that require it?

This is an example made with a car of how it will look like in a Log. The CoPiTrail embedded High Speed GPS receiver provides the required data at 18 hz (18 samples per seconds). It is not possible to obtain this level of precision using the iPad built-in GPS. In fact, you cannot even get an accurate and regular speed update for proper acceleration calculations from the iPad GPS.

Attachments

• GPS_Teaser.jpg
    GPS_Teaser.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Hi Beerman

Best Regards,

VV mapping is far superior to red pine, I ran red for years and there customer support is horrible..

https://www.vvmapping.com/snowtrail.html Maybe they could help you with mapping.

Checking to see if the power cord has been integrated into the harness. Also any updates on the Michigan maps? Can the windshield bag still be used with the mount?

any update on a release for the copitrail system?

Dave, I already have your gap Flasher and tune bundle. Can you let me know the cost to upgrade what I have to this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi GAP, I just got your CoPiTrail setup from TD to upgrade from the standard flasher. I had your standard flasher setup with your iPad mount and love being able to see the data and have the logging, the CoPiTrail looked even better. I needed a new iPad mount anyway (I crashed my '17 at the end of this season and now have a '18 SW) and I wanted the high-speed GPS option for both navigation and the performance meter. I still have to play with everything and a full test will unfortunately have to wait until next season, but I'd to offer 2 suggestions as upgrades for a future release that will make it even better.
  1. Add the ability to upload trail maps similar to how we can with a Garmin GPS. This will allow those of us in the U.S. to buy a trail overlay from someone like VV Mapping and manage trails ourselves. Unless you're already working to add these as standard it will be a great way to go.
  2. Live data view - add a screen layout option for 2 windows horizontal - you have an option for 2 vertical but 2 on the same horizontal plane will give us more/better layout options. I stumbled on how to achieve this by setting the map overlay to be on the side of the screen instead of the top, but this would be a great upgrade to the standard GAP live data display on an iPad or iPhone as well.
Thanks and keep innovating!

Back