• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex/Vector/Venture owners please help

gamemaster

VIP Member
My 2008 vector is missing part 12 and 13 from the link below. Does anyone have one that can tell me what it was like. I ordered the parts from yamaha, but I don't think it is correct. When you remove the right side cover, there was a pad that held on the cover near the reverse lever. I thought it was velcro, but now I am thinking it was maybe just two pads rubbing together. Thanks for your help.

I believe it is a heavy velcro type material that you are referring to.
They do seem to slide around some on the panel.
Not really needed, that sidecover isn't going anywhere. It's good for tipple didgets all day .

Last edited:
I believe it is a heavy velcro type material that you are referring to.
They do seem to slide around some on the panel.
Not really needed, that sidecover isn't going anywhere. It's good for tipple fidgets all day .
If yours is still there, can you snap a picture of it? I know it isn't needed, but I want to get one if possible. I have the one that is glued to the panel that is removed with snaps. I am missing the one that is in the picture posted. Thanks

Photos on here are above my pay grade,
I went out and looked , it's just heavy velcro, I may have replaced mine with what I has around. Seems to be holding Ok. Just gotta be carefull when removing that panel

My 08 had the Velcro, which didn’t work, and my 15 did not. Biggest problem with that cover is in hangs up on the reverse lever housing and sometimes you just have to squeeze/push the plastic housing above the lever and the panel will move in closer to where it should sit.

Here you go gamemaster...

SidePanel.JPG

FootwellPanel.JPG
FootwellPanelUpsideDown.JPG

Thanks. Are both sides the same, or is one side a plastic and the other side a fabric? Are these originals, or replacements. Thanks again.

No, both sides are not the same. The one on the side panel is a fabric and was replaced since my original one fell off. However, the one on the footwell panel is original and has hard plastic bristles. These were off my 08 Apex; the 18 does not have them.

For that fabric piece I replaced, it was not OEM but just some heavy duty/industrial strength velcro I had left over from mounting my tank bags.

If I were to put some Velcro back in I’d use extra material and a small rivet to hold it in place. The glue just doesn’t hold up. my side panel still has it the main part has been gone for years. I never bothered trying to replace it as it didn’t hold well when it was there.

The picture posted by @RobX-1 looks like 3M Dual Lock at least in one of the pictures. If I was going to replace velcro, that is what I would use, It is an industrial velcro, both halves are symmetrical, they look like small posts with mushroom heads. You can buy dual lock just about anywhere. Amazon (US and CAD) carries rolls, I used to buy it at a local hobby shop. It is far stronger than regular velcro, I have seen small titanium bolts shear in an accident while the dual lock mounted sensor right next to it stayed in place, largely due to the fact that in shear force it is extremely strong and it has some give.

Back