• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brake Pads & Brake performance...

But the caliper is locked to the driveshaft via the driveshaft saver. I can wobble the disc so.

Maybe the shaft is still moving in and out of the bearing? I know I have had a brg saver on mine since day 1, the rotor looks scarred up were it mates with brg....How's that happening? Others have noted that as well.

I would suggest that you take a good look at your driveshaft bearing and see it it wore the shaft down. If the driveshaft is moving around that may add to the heat.
The pads and rotor will get heat in them just from driving down the trail.

I would suggest that you take a good look at your driveshaft bearing and see it it wore the shaft down. If the driveshaft is moving around that may add to the heat.
The pads and rotor will get heat in them just from driving down the trail.
Did the last time I had it apart, I couldn't see w lip and don't have a mic.

The back of the rotor did not have a lip on it either.

Caliper was 110
Brake pads were about 125ish
Rotor was about 180-200

All in degree f

Forgot to post this but this is what my fluid has looked like twice now. I'm starting to believe splitting the caliper is the best to get everything out. Not sure how that black stuff would get pushed out.

Attachments

• PXL_20230312_220557770_copy_2040x1536.jpg
    PXL_20230312_220557770_copy_2040x1536.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 75

Back