• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex VS attack

A

Anonymous

how much slower will the Attak be to the Apex,, and is it going to faster then the 05 RX1? the only reason I went with the Attak , my dealer figures with my 225 lbs it will carry me bettter.. Im coming off a ZR 900

with the long track it should be slower,,,, i figure out of the hole be faster,, but then get blown by? might be wrong ,,,,

Just got back from demo ride both sleds are great . Attack was faster acros the lake by two sleds . I had to give the trail ride to the attack and the run across the lake to the attack. I think I would order an attack a great sled to ride.

Same way I figured it .Attak is faster till very top then Apex will pass it.. I think it is due to the apex spinning more. Studed I think the apex will win across the board.

well i ordered the Attak last week i just hope i made the right choice

woodtic said:
Attack is faster

The Attak is geared slightly lower than the Apex ER (similarly like the RX Warrior is geared slightly lower than the RX-1) to accommodate the longer track. This gear reduction takes a little off the top-end, but keeps the mid-range and low-end acceleration consistent with the short track models.

The Apex will only win on a long straight trail or a lake and not by much and it will take it some time to do it. At least that's what it was like on my Warrior. I don't expect the Attak to be any different. The Attak will out accellerate the Apex from corner to corner.
IMHO the Attak is the perfect sled. Go look at the other guys 06's, they are all going with longer skids, what's that tell you :ORC

nyny said:
woodtic said:
Attack is faster

The Attak is geared slightly lower than the Apex ER (similarly like the RX Warrior is geared slightly lower than the RX-1) to accommodate the longer track. This gear reduction takes a little off the top-end, but keeps the mid-range and low-end acceleration consistent with the short track models.
All the 150 FI's have the gear reduction nyny.

Damn you guys are killing me! I had my mind made up on the RTX, but the little man in my head is telling me I need a 136 track. I put 430 kms on my RX-1 on Saturday-all was mixed of soft smooth trails to disastrous rough stuff. Of course the rough was in the latter part of the day. All day riding I was thinking what I should get- attak or RTX?? I'm always looking for traction on my RX-1 even with my 1,25 track and 144 studs. Hard packed snow is hard to find where I ride so a 136 track may be beneficial. Also bridging the bumps with a 136 skid may be better for me and compromise a little bit of handling. Many twisty trails where I ride so the 136 may slow my handling a little. It’s a tuff call, and I rode all the 06's :o| I’ll wait a couple weeks before I order up.... :drink:

Dan

150 Fuelie said:
The Apex will only win on a long straight trail or a lake and not by much and it will take it some time to do it. At least that's what it was like on my Warrior. I don't expect the Attak to be any different. The Attak will out accellerate the Apex from corner to corner.
IMHO the Attak is the perfect sled. Go look at the other guys 06's, they are all going with longer skids, what's that tell you :ORC

If I want the matched hook up, I'll add the studs and still have the advantage of cornering quicker. Much quicker!

zoomzoom said:
150 Fuelie said:

If I want the matched hook up, I'll add the studs and still have the advantage of cornering quicker. Much quicker!

I've owned both zoom and again beg to differ. Why do you think the turbo guys go with longer skids?? Traction :ORC

As far as cornering goes, The ony trails I couldn't keep with my buddy on his little 600 was a really tight (hair pin curves) trail where only the non studded sleds could slide their #*$&@'s around.

150 Fuelie said:
zoomzoom said:
150 Fuelie said:

I've owned both zoom and again beg to differ. Why do you think the turbo guys go with longer skids?? Traction :ORC

As far as cornering goes, The ony trails I couldn't keep with my buddy on his little 600 was a really tight (hair pin curves) trail where only the non studded sleds could slide their #*$&@'s around.

To each there own. My 121 works fantastic with my turbo...BBY

Back