• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex water run!!

vote4pedros

Extreme
Just thaught i'd share my water experience with my 06 RTX, these things do water real nice, i was the only 4 stroke of the day to run it!! haha I passed my buddies renegade over the water too. haha This is the dorset run for those who are familiar with it.

Attachments

• Apex_water.jpg
    Apex_water.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 151

In case I run out of ice someday, approximately what speed do you have to be travelling, and are you caulking any seams, or duct taping anything to keep the water out?

gitrdun said:
In case I run out of ice someday, approximately what speed do you have to be travelling, and are you caulking any seams, or duct taping anything to keep the water out?

All of our sleds are the way they came from Yamaha in that respect. I find that hitting the water at around 70-80kms then accelerating makes the best ride. Hitting the water too fast causes them to bounce and do weird stuff...which I believe is why Yamaha has a bad rep for on the water performance. The SX/SRX chassis was the same, too fast and you were in for an unpleasant ride. Also, when you hit the water slower you don't get that huge initial slow down which always scares the crap out of me....when you're slow enough that you can still accelerate it's much more confidence inspiring.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION....I'M NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING THEY ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH!!!!

We all started by doing short runs to get accustomed to the sled and how it feels on the water. I still don't do the big runs....I'm not scared of getting wet....I'm scared of having to go back in and get it lol.

Re: water

RAMSOMAIR said:
No, admit it, your scared or as Dave says your a pussssssyyyyy(in Adam Sandler's voice)!

You're right.....maybe if my sled didn't spray so much water over the hood I'd be braver lol....or at least I'd be able to see where I am headed!! :)

Though, I would be brave enough to do Dorset if it's like the first pic lol.

Back