• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex windshield

I wonder the same thing, I think you may have to drill some new holes but I 'think' the headlight bezel part of the shield should match up. I would like to know, the apex windy is awesome looking.

apltx08 said:
No...doesn't mount the same way and the headlitghs have a different shape and angle.

This is true but it can be done, I don't know whats involved to get it installed. i have seen a few differnet sleds with this Mod now. This is the windshield i have seen on the old vectors and rx1.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/acces ... etail.aspx

heres the pic i found

Attachments

• apexwindshield.jpg
    apexwindshield.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 258
just cut down your RX windshield with some snips (make sure it's warm) any shape you want. If it's a clear shield paint the inside of it any colour you want. Easy mod if you want the look of an Apex winshield. If you want a picture just let me know...

I cant find the post on here, but it was posted a while ago, a member on here used an apex windy but he also converted the whole front end to an apex, hood and side panels and everything. Looked awesome but was quite involved. Wouldnt hurt to just get the measurements and cut your stock windy to look like the apex one, Id like to see that done... anyone? no one? ok... :dunno:

This i have seen on a couple of sleds. But if you look closer he does not have the headlights. I think this would look BadA$$. I got this pic from this site or snow west can't remember

Attachments

• 311_1149.jpg
    311_1149.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 257

Back